Carib Lager | Carib Brewery Limited

2.8/5
Alströms:
3.8

1.06/5  rDev -62.1%

Maybe I just got hold of a bad bottle, but this was undrinkable. Overpowering skunk aroma (clear bottle = light-struck), but even if it had been kept in the dark, this beer had very little going for it.

1.06/5  rDev -62.1%

No, no, no, no, no do not pay good money for this beer. I was lucky and a friend of mine who knows I like good beer mistakenly brought this over just because it was kinda expensive so I didn't have to pay for it.

In a clear bottle made in a warm, sunny country? Gonna be trouble.
Pale yellow color, skunky aroma, skunk taste with just a dash of garbage. Everytime I brought this to my face to drink I got that nasty smell. I even squeezed a bit of lime in there hoping to make it more palatable, no luck.

This just doesn't taste good to me at all.

1.15/5  rDev -58.9%

I have to say that this was probably one of the worst beers I've ever had. At least a bud light may be bolted down on a hot day on the beach. This stuff was awful. I was at a party last night where Carib was served. Upon pouring into a glass (splitting it with my sister), one sip each, and we quietly worked our way into the kitchen. Down the drain it went.

Appearance - light yellow in a clear bottle, poured with virtually no head.

Smell - smelled like a cheap lager

mouthfeel - watery and without even any significant carbonation

drinkability - undrinkable

Forgive me if this review isn't up to BA standards. This is my very first review. I just felt the need to scare off any beer aficionado who may be contemplating purchasing this swill. Don't do it.

1.21/5  rDev -56.8%

This was everywhere in the three port stops of a recent carribean cruise so I decided to try it in St. Martin.

Pours a clear, dark golden yellow color with a half finger white foam head that quickly dissipates into a thin lasting ring. Minimal spots of lace left behind.

Slightly earthy, metallic aroma with faint hints of hops but it's overpowered by a a very grainy corn/adjunct presence. Smells pretty bad.

On the lighter end of medium boded with a dry earthy bitterness up front that lingers over the sweet corny, metallic body into an astringent dry finish. Funky and metallic with lots of grainy sweet corn flavor. A below average adjunct lager that is tough to drink even on a hot day in St. Martin.

1.23/5  rDev -56.1%

Well I have to use at least 150 characters or I would simply put "not a good beer". No color, bad skunky scent and the aftertaste awful. This beer makes Corona seem like champagne...............CHEERS

1.25/5  rDev -55.4%

1.31/5  rDev -53.2%

Best Before: Oct/09.

Appearance: Pours a crystal clear, yellow body and despite a continually heavier pour, I just can't coax more than a few bubbles to form an ultra thin, white head. Ah well.

Smell: What a stink! Extraordinarily skunky aroma that strikes your nose mere seconds after the bottle is opened. If you don't mind a big snootful of skunk with each whiff, you can barely make out faint hints of cereal-scented malts.

Taste: Gah! Oh, how horrid. Some pale malts with a cereal sweetness and very minor hop character and bitterness, but mostly you're treated to a whole host of icky tastes. Plasticy, skunk spray, and metallic! Three disastrous tastes together at last. A couple glasses of cool, clean water only begin to wash that out.

Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: As much as I usually appreciate it's inclusion on the bottle or label, the Best Before date serves no purpose whatsoever here, as this beer died an ignoble death long, long before October 2009. Sure, the year is still young, but this is, by far, the worst beer I've had all year! Avoid at all cost.

1.36/5  rDev -51.4%

Found this one in a friend's fridge, her roommate recently returned from Trinidad/Tobago. Appearance was a pale fizzy yellow, not bad, but not impressive. Smell is of old corn/rice and skunk. Pew. Taste was horrendous. A skunky malt liquor flavor mixed with sweet rice/corn adjunct. Maybe it went bad on it's journey from the Carib-bean? Looks like I should have gone for the Sam Light that was also in the fridge...

1.4/5  rDev -50%

A really lackluster beer. Essentially a slightly smoother version of rolling rock, coors light, or any cheap, light lager. Not bad for what it is, just not anything special.

1.5/5  rDev -46.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Carib Lager from Carib Brewery Limited