A-Frame Amber | House of Brews

House of Brews
Wisconsin, United States
houseofbrewsmadison.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by dhannes on 07-14-2012

Liked:
4.21/5
Alströms:

4.82/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

This may be my absolute favorite amber. It has a great color with a nice head and bouquet, and a perfect hop kick for those who like an amber that stands out from the rest. Although the brewer (Page Buchanan) doesn't generally use a lot of hops in his ales his deft hand with them in this case is rewarding for the most discerning of beer lovers.

4.23/5  rDev +0.5%

Stopped by the tasting room...Page, the brewer, was kind enough to let me sample the amber, even though they weren't open today.

A=Nice, rich brownish red...egg cream colored head that lasted well over two minutes.

S=Floral hops noted; perhaps cinnamon?

T=Rather strong hop presence; Page mentioned that people in Madison have really taken to the stronger hops in this beer. I'm not much of a hophead but still enjoyed this beer.

M=Spot on. Medium body, with decent drinkability.

O=A nice reflection of the style, with more hops than others I've tried; I will try this again (after I've sample the others).

3.98/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

A-Frame Amber from House of Brews