Sweetwater IPA | SweetWater Brewing Company

3.25/5  rDev -19%

3.5/5  rDev -12.7%

4.5/5  rDev +12.2%

4.55/5  rDev +13.5%

Tonight I started with Yazoo Pale Ale, I like it and it's local. After finishing my Yazoo I opened the first bottle of Sweetwater IPA I've had in months. I'd forgotten everything about this beer except the fact that I remember it was pretty good. The liquid flowed through the neck and hit my tongue and left me with an "Oh My God". This beer is extremely interesting for an IPA. It doesn't just sit there and tell you how hoppy it is. It's got great flavor that keeps you interested but so very satisfied from the first drink. I feel Dr. Oz would tell you that you become satiated with this beer with just one drink. How many beers do you know that can leave you "satiated"?

Cheers.

3.99/5  rDev -0.5%

4.25/5  rDev +6%

3.92/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

For a beer that claims to be unfiltered it is a crystal clear coppery color with very active carbonation bubbling to the top. The head is a bright white, loosely knit tide of foam with ample lacing.

Ahhh, what a pleasant aroma of citrus; like grapefruit, tangerines, orange and mango. Hints of pine and grain hide at the back.

More malt, grain and pine come out in the taste as I don't get nearly the same rush of citrus fruits. Some grapefruit and lemon pops up and some woodsy flavor glides by but the flavors tend more towards the Pale Ale genre. Very crisp and very easy to drink it has a highly carbonated feel.

Overall, it's very well done with a wonderful aroma and crisp feel but the citrus I like seemed to be washed away by high carbonation.

4.75/5  rDev +18.5%

3.5/5  rDev -12.7%

4.28/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pours a almost clear orange with the slightest of hop hazes, half finger of head

Smell is very "west coast", reminds me a lot of Stone IPA and White Rajah, Orange, citrus peel, bready malt, pineapple, a little pine

Taste is nice, lighter then some IPAs, very bittering citrus, lemon, orange, orange peel, grapefruit, really bitter on the finish with a slight malt backing.

Mouthfeel is medium light with sharp carbonation with a very dry finish.

Nice IPA here, nothing to blow you away but very refreshing and citrusy which is something I like! I do prefer there 420 pale which I also had for the first time tonight but this is also very nice. Sweetwater continues to impress!

Sweetwater IPA from SweetWater Brewing Company