Sweetwater Georgia Brown | SweetWater Brewing Company

Georgia, United States
sweetwaterbrew.com

Style: English Brown Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-13-2002

This is probably my favorite beer right now. I love Brown Ales and this is the best I've had. I buy it regularly. I am from Georgia, and of English decent, so I'm basically who this beer was made for. Plus, this is readily avialible in my area. Thanks Sweetwater! It really looks beautiful in a glass. Clear ruby red and brown. Satisfying from the first taste to being plastered. This ain't sipping ale.

4.94/5  rDev +38%

Excellent brew! The appearance was like the bsp from sweetwater it has a nice lace that definetly sticks to the glass the whole way down. The smell is of malts and full of hops! The taste wow I was not expected the sweet caramel taste but man it is good. The mouthfeel is medium but very nice which makes for a great drinkability goes down so smooth!! I think this definetly worth having the wonderful state of georgia in its name!!!! I advise you to try any of the sweetwater brews beings that I have not found one that is bad yet!

4.75/5  rDev +32.7%

Bulldog in Jackson MS. Hefty lacing that quickly dissipated. Smooth with hints of molasses and caramel. Delicious brown ale. Reminds me of KM Brown. Can I get some more?

4.75/5  rDev +32.7%

4.6/5  rDev +28.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Sweetwater Georgia Brown brewed by SweetWater Brewing Company, with an ABV of 5.10% This brew pours out a nice Light brown color with a off white head. This brew has the look of Coffee, not saying that is a bad thing. This brew has the look of most Brown Ale's on the market. The smell of Sweetwater Georgia Brown is, sweet with grains, malts. There is also hit of hops in this brew. I really like the this brew so far, it is inviting brew. You can pick up on the caramel in the smell of this brew. Now for the taste, it is full of flavors. There is a lot going on in this brew. You pick up on the sweetness from the caramel and roasted malts and grains. Sweetwater Georgia Brown has a nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. This brew goes down like Iced coffee for me. This is a nice drinking brew. The mouthfeel of Sweetwater Georgia Brown is Rich, Bold and Smooth. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4.5 out 5. I would buy this brew again. SweetWater Brewing Company, did a nice job with this one.

4.56/5  rDev +27.4%

I have tried brown ales every chance I get. These guys make the absolute best i have ever had. So smooth and light tasting.

4.56/5  rDev +27.4%

4.54/5  rDev +26.8%

Good brow ale

4.48/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.48/5  rDev +25.1%

4.39/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Copper colored with a low beige head and decent carbonation but no lace. Big nutty aroma and lightly sweet aroma. Nutty malt flavor dominates with a sweet honey-like taste but not overly so. Light bodied and refreshing with nice balance.

A good session beer for an English Brown. I rated this as an English Brown - hard to compare to an American Brown or more Robust Brown...

Label states: "Honey malt"

Gold Medal - 2001 GABF - English Brown Ale

Originally brewed by Atlanta’s first microbrewery Marthasville Brewing Company which is now closed.

Best By: 4th Week Nov ('03)
Tasted: 12/14/03