Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings!

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Added by elgiacomo on 03-21-2010

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Reviews: 52 | Ratings: 133
2.46/5  rDev -28.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Pours a pale yellow color with significant haziness, and strings of carbonation bubbles rising to the top. Bright white head - not very thick and disappears almost immediately. To be honest, this thing looks a lot like a light American Adjunct, but more haze. Strong wheat aroma with a helping of citrusy lime. Decent nose. Taste is very lackluster - the wheat is there...and a slight hint of hops with cirtus/lime. All in all though, the taste is weak. My chick had a sip of it and said "It tastes like water!" My thoughts were along similar lines - wheaty water. Mouthfeel is thin with heavy carbonation. Can't help but think of Budweiser as I drink it.

In sum, disappointment. But I've started to expect that from Sweetwater. C'mon Sweetwater, what are you guys doing? You have it in you to make top notch brews - do you just not care?

I will say though that this is refreshing and easy to drink. But so is water, and that's a lot cheaper.

4.48/5  rDev +29.5%

Don't know much about wheat brews but hey this beer is pretty good. It does have a hazy yellow color with an interesting smell. The taste is nice though you taste wheat you also taste a bit of hops. The only other wheat beer I have had is budlight golden wheat and I hated it. I don't know what it is supposed to taste like but it reminded me of the budweiser clamata or how every you spell it. The one with the tomato or whatever. I didn't like it at all. Oh well!! Like I say I don't know much about wheat brews but I must say that this beer is easy to drink and very refreshing!

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last