Chick Beer

View: Beers
Reviews: 10 | Ratings: 26 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
hoptheology from South Dakota

2.06/5  rDev -14.5%

Scary pale. Like, almost clear. Head is 1/2 finger and then it's a wispy ring.

Aroma of super glue, rubber cement, and stale grains. Highly chemical, almost toxic.

A super clean grain flavor hits, followed by a lime fruit loop, then fades on a effervescent chemical note. Some trailing cereal grains are left lingering.

Feel is extremely carbonated, and drinks like soda water.

Overall, while the taste isn't bad, it has nothing to offer as far as depth or flavor. Good with pizza, finally got around to reviewing this on a clean palate...not that it was worth it.

Nov 22, 2016
tone77 from Pennsylvania

2.75/5  rDev +14.1%

This beer was given to me at the Minhas brewery after the tour. Poured from a brown 12 oz. bottle. Has a pale yellow color with very little head. Smell is mild, some corn. Taste is corn, malts, some green apple flavor that Minhas beers are known for. Feels light in the mouth and overall, nothing offensive, but nothing flavorful either. I would have went with "light lager" on the beer style.

Jun 09, 2016
scaliasux from Wisconsin

2.82/5  rDev +17%

L - Watery yellow. Clear. Short soapy, white head. Not persistent.
S - Not much. A little not entirely pleasant corn.
T - Very very light. Soda water with a splash of sour? Not offensive, though.

O - More likely a light lager than a american pale lager. Not good, but to style and much less offensive than some other Minhas options. Can't say that I really like it.

Jun 17, 2015
Hobo53527 from Wisconsin

4.87/5  rDev +102.1%

I'm not one that generally likes beer, but was challenged to try Chick by my girlfriend so I gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised, enough to add chick to my list of beers that I would eagerly drink. It has a good head, clear and golden look, sweet smell and what I consider a heady flavor. All in all I think that Chick is a winner, and I'm not even a chick.

Jun 04, 2013
davey101 from Connecticut

3.37/5  rDev +39.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Huge thanks to match1112 for this pink wale of mine. What luck he has for having this in his distribution. 12 oz bottle into a tulip glass.

A - Crystal clear yellow. Pale as can be. Faint edging and a swirl yields some quick lacing.

S - Very sweet corn aroma. Its a sweetness that I attribute to most AAL, but it cranks things up to 11 with an almost fruit like level. It smells....attractive?

T - Sweet corn, a bit of cereal grain, and then nothing. Perhaps the least offensive, least interesting, and least imaginative beer I have ever had. Mouth feel is crisp and lively.

O - I mean....its kind of good. Its a very sweet and light beer that I could drink far too easily. Its just so damn easy. I'm gonna go ahead and use a word that you'll probably never see on this page. Quaffable. Bam, chick beer is quaffable.

May 05, 2013
match1112 from Illinois

1.89/5  rDev -21.6%

a: crystal clear yellow body. two fingers worth of white sudsy head quickly settles to a thin cap leaving spotty lacing. a fair amount of carbonation bubbles are seen rising to the top.

s: soapy, some grainy sweetness.

t: bland, soap, rice and sweet corn.

m: thin and watery. clean and unoffensive.

o: if you are looking for a clean unoffensive light beer to impress the homeys with, this is it!

Dec 09, 2012
Knapp85 from Pennsylvania

2.63/5  rDev +9.1%

This beer poured out as a pale looking yellow color with a white head on top. This actually has a pretty good retention to it. The smell of the beer is sweet and grainy, no hop aromas from what I can tell. The taste of the beer is sweet and had a corn-like flavor to it. The mouthfeel is kind of harsh with some strong carbonation to it. As the beer sits it mellows out nicely. The beer is light bodied and moderately refreshing. Overall it's better than I expected.

Oct 20, 2012
TMoney2591 from Illinois

2.06/5  rDev -14.5%

Served in a Gale Sayers shaker pint glass.

I felt I owed this beer a taste after decrying its inception. Why not, right? It pours a clear pale straw topped by a finger of short-lived white froth. The nose resembles that o wheat-flavored mineral water. Or just some bland barley malt tossed into a glass of mineral water. Wow, talk about inoffensive: it's offensively inoffensive! Dammit, gimme something worth my nostrils' time! The taste doesn't bring much else to the table, though some vague senses of corn and rice pop up every now and again, but, then again, it could just be my tongue trying desperately to find some semblance of complexity in a beer that clearly has none. The body is fairly light, with a very light moderate carbonation (a bit more bubbly than the description let on), a watery feel, and a lightly crisp finish. Overall, I might have been better off drinking a bottle of Perrier or something. At least then I'd be drinking something that wasn't pretending to be something it's not. I'll say it again: this stuff is offensively inoffensive, some of the blandest beer I've put in my mouth that hadn't been manufactured in a Bud, Miller, Coors, Heineken, or some other industrial macrobrewery.

Women, I know you have more taste than this...don't buy the fake hype!

Oct 19, 2012
THECPJ from Delaware

2.08/5  rDev -13.7%

Thanks for Paul for sharing this beer at the Craft Beer Palace.

appearance: golden yellow with a 1 finger white head

smell: corn, wheat, malt,

taste: corn, sweet, wheat, malts

mouthfeel: mild carbonation, thin body,

overall: rather boring for the style with no hop character. but another brewery down. My fellow friend below likes chick beers while I like the Chicks.

Cheers,
The CPJ

Dec 12, 2011
pwoody11 from Delaware

2.4/5  rDev -0.4%

Label is pink with a little black dress. Says its a "Premium Light Beer". Lists nutritional info as 97 calories and 3.5 carbs. At the bottom of the bottle it reads "Witness the chickness!".

Company says the flavor is soft (tasteless), smooth (carbonation of your typical BMC), and full bodied (like a glass of water).

No surprises here. Light on flavor, slight hint of something fruity. I can see this catching on with the 20-45 female demo, which I assume is thier goal.

Novelty beer for me.