Labor Of Love One | Deep Ellum Brewing Company

Deep Ellum Brewing Company
Texas, United States
deepellumbrewing.com

Style: Weizenbock

Weizenbock is the brawnier, stronger brother of the hefeweizen. Ours has a big malty sweetness, lightened up just enough to withstand Texas summers. A chunk of wheat malt makes up the backbone of the beer, supported by Pils and Munich malt. The slightly caramelized body gives the beer a rich, full-bodied and satisfying mouthfeel. The traditional German yeast provides some spicy clove aroma along with a big punch of banana. Noble German Hallertau hops help to balance it all out. Not a small beer but still drinkable and inviting.

Added by gfg0020 on 08-06-2014

Reviews by stampfler07:

4.88/5  rDev +12.7%

3.9/5  rDev -9.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I am a 3rd generation Texan from the DFW area...that being said...Deep Ellum now has 4 beers that I really like...the most from any brewery....I am a hop head....but...this Labor of Love really does it for me. I am experiencing my 1st growler and it is filled with Labor of Love...just a nice all
around beer in my opinion. Go Ellum!!! PSS I dont review beers that aren't a 5 in my opinion

3.84/5  rDev -11.3%