West Coast IPA | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Liked This Beer
4.22 w/ 7,904 ratings

Green Flash Brewing Co.
greenflashbrew.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

As craft beer pioneers, we embarked on an expedition to brew the benchmark West Coast IPA. We ventured into the unknown and struck gold, discovering a tantalizing menagerie of hops. Simcoe for tropical and grapefruit zest, Columbus for hop pungency, Centennial for pine notes, Citra for citrus zest and Cascade for floral aroma are layered throughout the brewing process. West Coast IPA® exemplifies the Green Flash spirit of adventure and discovery.

Prior to 2014 7.3% ABV

Alströms:
4.5

Ratings: 7,904 |  Reviews: 1,890

4.59/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

This is my ultimate go to IPA

a- darker copper beauty

s- tons of fruit, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, citrus heaven alongside noble hops

t- amazing bitter hop flavor, however not too bitter and well balanced by the evident citrus flavor.

o- favorite IPA. It is extremely well balanced with hops and citrus. Perfect for a hot summer day, or a cold winter evening. No matter the environment, if you are in the mood for an IPA this is the one for you!

3.5/5  rDev -17.1%

3.93/5  rDev -6.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

this brew, poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a large tulip glass, has a clear dark amber color and delightful piney bouquet.

drinking this immediately after a new belgium rampant imperial ipa, one of my favorites, and by comparison this is more bitter and less easy to drink.... Having said that, it is still a very well crafted IPA, and one that I would happily drink again.

in my search for the perfect IPA this one is probably in the top 20, but not in the top 10

3.83/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

A: Orange body, chunky sustaining off-white head.

S: Hoppy marmalade smell.

T: Very bitter and a bit sweet. Tons of seville orange marmalade. A bit of fudge. No burned toast, thank goodness. Nice but not complex at all.

M: The chunky head makes for a chewy brew and I'm not sure I like this.

O: No surprises here, just another marmalade tasting hop bomb, the likes of which I've grown weary.

3.75/5  rDev -11.1%

4.5/5  rDev +6.6%

Upon taking my second sip all I could think was- This may be the best IPA I have ever had. Only to be second to Sierra Nevada Hoptimum (Drink it warm!!), but I guess that's technically an imperial IPA.

The smell of this beer is amazing, very floral, smells like medical bud.

The taste comes on very crisp, nicely carbonated for a fun bubbly time in your mouth. Very crisp, with the perfect amount of bitterness with some undertones of grapefruit. This beer is a must for any IPA fan.

At first I could only find this beer on tap, but I have been buying it ALOT in 4 packs!

3.75/5  rDev -11.1%

4.25/5  rDev +0.7%

This is a good IPA, and most love everything about this IPA. I love the pine feeling once you taste it. This IPA didn't have the right amount of grapefruit that I was looking for. Strong malt backbone of caramel, toffee, and this is a character with most West Coast IPA's. I tend to like less of that these days. This is good, or great by many standards, but I wanted more. Still very good.

A: Deep red-orange color. Creamy off-white head retains well at a half inch.

S: Sugary ruby red grapefruit, pine, blood orange. Hop spiciness. Smells like bitterness will be ample. Underlying malt scents of caramel ans toffee.

4.25/5  rDev +0.7%

West Coast IPA from Green Flash Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 91.7% out of 100 with 7,904 ratings