Green Flash Imperial India Pale Ale | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash Imperial India Pale AleGreen Flash Imperial India Pale Ale
4.09/5
Green Flash Imperial India Pale AleGreen Flash Imperial India Pale Ale

Green Flash Brewing Co.
greenflashbrew.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

he mountains of Summit and Nugget hops in this high gravity Imperial will thrill even the most experienced beer explorer. Savory evergreen and pineapple aromas mingle with flavors of bitter, resinous pine and grapefruit pith. A colossal rush of hoppy adventure!

Added by Terp96 on 12-02-2006

Ratings: 2,636 |  Reviews: 1,003

I really enjoyed this Imperial IPA from Green Flash. A - deep yellow color with small foamy head; appears unfiltered and is translucent. S -strong hop smell with a hint of sweetness and apricot; the hop smell is heavenly. T - very smooth for 9% ABV; is bitter at first, but this quickly disappears on the finish.

I buy this one when I can as for me it is the best example of a West Coast Imperial IPA.

I love the sediment at the bottom of the bottle.

When opened it poured a deep amber colour with a hint of deep orange when held up to the light.

Scent was one of tropical citrus with grapefruit, orange and strawberry. And the taste was rich, solid and so satisfying.

Went down very easily leaving a mouthful of hops flavour behind that I just savoured for a few minutes.

Strong ABV was not noticed whatsoever but the effect of one bottle was noticed when I went to stand up.

Incredible Double IPA.

I love this beer. I didn't realize how much until I searched for double IPA's and Imperial IPA's for the past year. I realized that there are very few that are so hoppy and smooth without a sweet after taste or thickened body.

This is the beer that I have been comparing other to, even Pliny the Elder. There are a few other companies in northern CA that are similar, but not with the same intense hoppy flavor of this San Diego area beer. I wnat to try it on tap.

Green Flash Imperial India Pale Ale from Green Flash Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.09 out of 5 with 2,636 ratings