Green Flash Imperial India Pale Ale | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash Imperial India Pale AleGreen Flash Imperial India Pale Ale
4.09/5
Exceptional
Green Flash Imperial India Pale AleGreen Flash Imperial India Pale Ale

Green Flash Brewing Co.
greenflashbrew.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

he mountains of Summit and Nugget hops in this high gravity Imperial will thrill even the most experienced beer explorer. Savory evergreen and pineapple aromas mingle with flavors of bitter, resinous pine and grapefruit pith. A colossal rush of hoppy adventure!

Added by Terp96 on 12-02-2006

Ratings: 2,639 |  Reviews: 1,003

4.07/5  rDev -0.5%

Okay, so I am more of a stout/porter guy. I bought this beer for my contribution to a beer tasting party to show some guys new to the craft beer scene how bitter beer can be. I didn't look up any reviews on this. I just saw IPA so I bought it expecting an overly bitter beer that only a few might enjoy. However, I was wrong. This beer was great. It was a great starter pale ale for me as well as for the others. I know some of the more experienced IPA/APA people who can gulp down Stone Ruination without making a face may think it too sweet. Instead, just think of this brew as a crossover beer for those of us unused to the bitter side of the beer world. The color was pretty with a frothy head. The smell was flowery hops and sweet fruitiness. The taste may not have been the hop bomb that most people expect, but it I know it was plenty for me. Whether this was the intention of Green Flash Brewing or not. They sure did change my mind on IPA s. For this reason I congratulate this beer for being an excellent crossover brew into the world of hops. Now excuse me, I have some exploring to do.

3.5/5  rDev -14.4%

4.25/5  rDev +3.9%

Green Flash Imperial India Pale Ale from Green Flash Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.09 out of 5 with 2,639 ratings