Green Flash Le Freak | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash Le FreakGreen Flash Le Freak

Green Flash Brewing Co.
greenflashbrew.com

Style: Belgian IPA

Le FreakĀ® is the first-ever hybrid ale of its kind: the convergence of a Belgian-Style Trippel with an American Imperial IPA. This zesty Amarillo dry-hopped, bottle-conditioned marvel entices with fruity Belgian yeast aromatics and a firm, dry finish. Aromas of orange and passion fruit with sweet bready malts, and flavors of orange marmalade and citrus fruit pith. Experience a legendary beer.

Added by Westsidethreat on 05-08-2007

Ratings: 2,411 |  Reviews: 750
3.33/5  rDev -17.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Well, this is my first ever review. I am going to be myself and honest. So take it for what it's worth...A: I love the light- fluffy foamy head but prefer more color. But I appreciate that the suds floated for the whole session.

S: I'm not a huge fan of Belgian yeast smell, but appreciate the Belgian IPA mix, although the hops are not exposed enough in this beer, however - I am partial to hops.

T: Very smooth and easy to gulp. For a 9.2, it was somewhat tart but very drinkable.

M: seemed to be dry. Probably couldn't drink more than two, I think it drank nicely but the higher alcohol was disguised and caught up with me.

O: I actually liked the beer for a couple of reasons and didn't like it for a couple also. Liked: 9.2 ABV. - gave me a good-beer-buzz. & was disappointed when the bottle was empty, which happened before I realized. Not liked: Price, the most I ever paid for a 4 pack - $14.00. A little too much. &. The Belgian yeast was a little too strong for the mix, I desire a more fresh-hoppy flavor.

4.75/5  rDev +17.9%

3.25/5  rDev -19.4%

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

3.5/5  rDev -13.2%

4.25/5  rDev +5.5%

Green Flash Le Freak from Green Flash Brewing Co.