Palate Wrecker | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Palate WreckerPalate Wrecker

Green Flash Brewing Co.
greenflashbrew.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Originally brewed to celebrate Hamilton's Second Anniversary

Added by seaoflament on 10-04-2008

Ratings: 4,131 |  Reviews: 761

Copper orange color slight haze smells of pine citrus and hops tastes as good and just like it smells. Hop bitterness bites the tongue great for hop heads and a nice way to test if your friends are true hop heads. Will be getting my hands on more of this before its all gone for the year

9.5% alcohol with a medium body w/o the gross sweetness of a barely wine. Very similar to a Ruination or a Union Jack. A new favorite- If I made beer, which I haven't the time for because of two babies... this is the beer I would try to make. Not sweet, not thick, very hoppy, very good.

This is my kind of beer! Wow, love the bitterness. The only downside is that my throat is dry the next day after drinking it. But for my next homebrew, I hope to make a copy of this one. Cheers

From notes:

This is a beer with a very subtle and well balanced, pleasant bitterness. If you want to teach yourself to like bitter hops, this would be an excellent entry point.

A little bit of pine and freshly mowed grass are what come through the aroma. A flowery, breezy taste just takes over and fills your mouth.

This is truly an amazing beer and I look forward to my next encounter.

Ok, I have never given a 100% positive review, but this beer is pretty much perfect. A hop head's dream come true. Definitely one of the top three IPA's I have ever had, I would drink this over pliny the younger any day. My only gripe is that I wish it was available year 'round.

Palate Wrecker from Green Flash Brewing Co.