Rayon Vert | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Rayon VertRayon Vert

Added by ocelot2500 on 12-14-2011

Ratings: 1,367 |  Reviews: 429

4.23/5  rDev +10.2%

12oz bottle into Duvel artist tulip

A - clear, light to medium amber color. HUGE head. I mean, huge. Smooth pour yielded a dense, tight white fluffy head that had to be consumed before I could get the whole bottle in the glass. Lacing is great too.

S - Bretty, soapy, Belgian yeast in your face aroma. If you dont like that, steer VERY clear of this beast. Luckily I do, so great nose.

T - After I got through the foam, and trust me, when you drink this you will understand, there was a great Belgian IPA to be found. Nice level of Brett and great yeast taste throughout. Just a delicious beer.

M - full. high carbonation but it works. thick and chewy almost at times, but like I said, it works here.

O - I have to freely admit that I have been under selling Green Flash. Everytime I revisit one of their beers, I am impressed. Now that they have found their way to the East Coast I'm going to seek them out. Rayon Vert is truly great Belgian IPA. If you dont like those qualities, dont drink it. But if you do, find it and see for yourself. This is a damn fine beer.

3.96/5  rDev +3.1%

Rayon Vert is what I drink when I am not in the mood for something as "in your face" as a west coast IPA. Another good beer from Green Flash. Golden color with a nice head (had this in a pilsner glass). Smooth mouthfeel with a little bit of lemon curd, grapefruit, and honeysuckle on the palate which is highlighted by a much more citrus driven hop characteristic than the West Coast IPA. Good solid beer for hop lovers that aren't looking to take a nap after putting down a big IPA.

3.25/5  rDev -15.4%

4.38/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - This beer poured with a ridiculous amount of head. I mean honestly, I had to suck down foam twice just to get this thing into the glass! The foam sticks around for awhile too; the beer itself is a light coppery haze that when held up to the light becomes golden.

S- Very sweet and citrusy in the nose.

Taste - Very balanced, not nearly as sweet as I would have believed from the nose alone. There is still a lot of sweet malt flavor here but it plays fairly nicely with some peppery hop bits. Quite a flavorful gulp!

Mouthfeel - Solid presence here, not watery and not anything you will choke on.

Overall - I am very impressed with this beer. It is quite a bit hoppier than I would expect from a belgian pale ale but quite tasty. Color me a big fan of this beer.

3.5/5  rDev -8.9%

2.5/5  rDev -34.9%

4.35/5  rDev +13.3%

Aged three months in chiller.

A- Dull orange with sizable almond-coloured head and some lacing.

S- Sweet, floral, and fruity hops (pineapple and passionfruit) ... even cidery (apple) aroma.

T- Bretty, but subdued. Dry in swallow with cidery finish. Hoppy throughout with tropical fruits.

M- Medium body, notable carbonation, smooth with nice afterfeel (hop-oil coating?).

O- Very tasty beer. Would certainly by in a four pack again.

1.5/5  rDev -60.9%

4.19/5  rDev +9.1%

Cloudy golden copper with a huge foamy off-white head. Sweet, yeasty, herbal, and spice aromas. Tropical fruit and brett herbal funk. Light hop linger. Sharp feel with a semi-dry finish.

A great beer if served warmer to bring everything that’s available in this beer. A nice sipping PA. It pours rather uneven and the feel is rather distracting at times, but the aroma is great and the flavor is very balanced and rewarding.

4.48/5  rDev +16.7%

12oz bottle into a Duvel tulip. Thanks to vonschplieffen for tossing one of these my way - my first CT-purchased Green Flash brew. Most welcome!

A: Clear medium amber body with tons of carbonation rising up to maintain the majestic 2 inch head of off-white froth. Huge amounts of chunky lace. Absolutely gorgeous.

S: Terrifically fresh, vibrant aroma of spicy, phenolic minerality and herbal, floral, honeyed, pollen-like notes. Awesome.

T: All the spicy, floral goodness of the nose, plus a bit of bready malt and a bitter, herbal, hop-tinged finish. Long, dry, aftertaste. Great.

M: Light-to-medium body, lots of fine, bubbly carbonation. Good.

O: I honestly didn't know this was a Brett beer until after I'd already written my review, but that helps make its unique floral characteristics make a bit more sense. It certainly didn't strike me as funky at all, just really fresh and outdoorsy. The price is a bit steep ($12.50/4-pack), but it's undoubtedly one of my favorite American-made BPAs.

Cheers!

4.35/5  rDev +13.3%

12 oz bottle poured into a tulip

A- A very hazy orange with a massive white head.

S- Brett, funk, tart lemons, earthy spices, touch of grapefruit.

T- Great funk, nice sour lemon taste from the Brett, touch of pepper, some hop bitterness in the finish, earthy spices.

M- Smooth, medium body.

O- A really good beer, and worth trying if you like Brett. I would like to how this ages, definitely will buy this again!

4.58/5  rDev +19.3%

A: Pours honey orange with huge amounts of white head into my Duvel glass. Great head retention and lacing.

S: yeasty, lemon peel, grapefruit, black pepper

T: Amazing. Citrus, black pepper, honey, melon, fruity yeast esters with a nice crisp hoppy finish. It reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum in a way, but with a nice citrus finish that helps balance the sweetness. Hardly any alcohol burn.

Overall: I really, really like this BPA. The fact that I can get it insanely fresh here in San Diego is the icing on the cake.

One of the few beers that have inspired m to write a review in a while. Get some if you can!

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

Rayon Vert from Green Flash Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.84 out of 5 with 1,367 ratings