Green Flash Saison Diego | Green Flash Brewing Co.

Green Flash Saison DiegoGreen Flash Saison Diego

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by Zorro on 03-26-2012

2.75/5  rDev -24%

3.78/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bottled on: 04/30/13

A: Pours a straw yellow color with 2 fingers of fluffy white head that slowly fades to nothing

S: Lightly spicy with notes of ginger and grains of paradise (think SA summer). Also get some fruitiness and wheaty notes

T: Starts off with some spicy and fruity notes and goes into some wheat and mustiness that are lightly earthy. Finishes with some more fruitiness and malts

M: Light bodied with moderate carbonation

O: A good farmhouse with some nice light spiciness and fruitiness. Very easy to drink, but a little pricey given the abv and nature of this brew. Certainly not bad by any means, but there are much better examples out there

4.25/5  rDev +17.4%

3.82/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

For starters I have never been a big fan of Saison/Farmhouse Ales. I find the spices to over balance the rest of the ale.
I love Green Flash, so gave this one a try. It poured the light color like most of the Saison's I've had, same head and very similar nose. I was expecting a huge amount of spice when I first tasted it.
I was very surprised. Sure there was some spice there, a good amount, but the body of this beer was full and to me, balanced the spice. SO, together with the bigger body , the spices were pleasant and easy drinking.

I have to say, I did enjoy this one, my first Saison that I really enjoyed!

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%

Green Flash Saison Diego from Green Flash Brewing Co.