Ass Kisser Smoked Porter | Ass Kisser Ales

asskisserales.com

Style: American Porter

Added by champ103 on 03-25-2011

2.37/5  rDev -34.9%

Served in a Chicago Bears shaker pint glass.

My last bottle in the introduction to this brewery. It pours a murky black-brown topped by almost no head whatsoever. Kinda reminds me of a glass of very thin used motor oil. The nose comprises toffee, light meaty smoke, Belgian candi sugar, and light cocoa. It's almost as if a decent smoked porter were watered-down in my 'strils... The taste sorta brings in more of the same, but everything is bland, with a touch of wet cardboard and a vague vegetable quality. I hope this is a bad bottle... This concern is given further credence with the body: a stolid medium, with a very light (almost still) carbonation and a slick, oily feel. Overall, I can only assume this was a bad bottle, what with the signs of oxidation and the clear lack of carbonation. If it isn't, though, this is one sad excuse for a beer. I'll be sure to give this stuff another try in the near future and report back...

2.5/5  rDev -31.3%

2.5/5  rDev -31.3%

2.79/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

I poured this big beer into my tumbler at 45 degrees. The beer was black but absolutely had no head or very little. The beer had a light smoked smell and the smoke was not too overpowering as some smoke beers I have drank. This beer though had a very bitter after taste or finish I really just did not like. If it had not been for that I would have gave it higher marks I believe. So I will have to say I will not buy this beer again.

2.81/5  rDev -22.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Pours black with a fading off-white head.
Nose shows sweet malt with roasted overtones and hints of chocolate. Somewhat subtle.
Sweet flavours too, almost baltic porter-like but without the roast to support it. Cloying.
Body feels a little watery.

2.98/5  rDev -18.1%

Pours a dark black-brown with some foam on top. Light aroma, not much smoke comes through but there’s some malty sweetness to it. Tastes like a ok porter with a hint of vanilla that comes through. The promised smoke doesn’t make much of an appearance until the finish. It’s lightly smoked, thin bodied, and not one I’d seek out or try again.

A - Mild smoke, malt and yeast.

S - You can just see through the center of the glass; creamy light tan head.

T - Smokey malts with maybe a hint of coffee

M - A little thin with a mild tingle all over the mouth

O - Not bad... but not good. I like where their head is at... but just a little more...

Not much in the way of head after the pour and no foam at all for this dark cola brown porter.

Old brownies, maybe some smokey malted grain, and a little stale 7-11 coffee thats been sitting on the warmer way too long.

Dry nesquick chocolate malt, heavy roasted malt diluted by hard water. Add to that some warmth from the abv. content.

This is not a smoked porter in my book, maybe a hint of smoked malt, buts that it. There's plenty of porters that aren't smoked, but have more smokey aromas and flavors in them than this brew.

Glad I tried it, cool looking bottle artwork, but will not buy again.

3.11/5  rDev -14.6%

A: Pours a dark brown, nearly black color. A large beige head rises to over two fingers. Some light lace is left behind.
S: Roasted malt, acrid coffee, meaty smoke lingers.
T: Follows the nose. Plenty of roasted malt. Coffee is very acrid with lots of meaty/bacon like smoke lingering.
M/D: A medium body with good carbonation. A bit hard to drink, for me anyway. Lots of alcohol, acrid coffee and lingering smoke makes for a slow sipper.

Smoke heads will enjoy this. Though I think it has a bit to much acrid coffee. Taken as a hole, not something I particularly enjoy, but certainly a decent beer.

Ass Kisser Smoked Porter from Ass Kisser Ales