Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Ahornberger Hopfig | Ahornberger Landbrauerei

3.83/5
Very Good
1 Rating

Ahornberger Landbrauerei
Germany
ahornberger.de

Style: German Pilsener

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Jason on 03-01-2005

Reviews by pastramionrye7:
3.83/5  rDev 0%

Purchased in the German equivalent of a beer distributor in Bavaria. Comes in a flip-top bottle. Poured into a cylindrical pils glass.

Appearance: Light golden in color. A bit more head than I'm used to from this style. Some lacing persists until the glass is empty.

Smell: Not much. I'm getting sort of a vague malty smell, but that's about it.

Taste: Stronger than average pilsner bite up front. Bitterness gives way to a sort of grassy taste. Hints of lemon. Not terribly complex, but pleasant and pretty representative of the style. Not as short on hops as many of the other German Pilsners I've tried.

Mouthfeel: Light and thin-bodied. Well-carbonated.

Drinkability: Very drinkable. This is a typically sessionable pilsner.

Notes: I've been reading reviews for a while but haven't written one yet. This beer looks lonely with no reviews so I decided to give it a go. This beer is a pretty representative German pilsner, although better hopped than most in my experience. I would recommend this brew to most folks as an easy-drinking, reasonably hopped, good tasting pils that you don't have to think too hard about.

Ahornberger Hopfig from Ahornberger Landbrauerei