Designated Driver | Titletown Brewing Company

Alströms:

Reviews by JohnnyHopps:
4.12/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Since the statue in front of the brewpub was recently modified in dedicate to recently retired Packer receiver Donald Driver, I suspect the name is not just a reference to the high ABV.

On tap, the beer was a golden copper color.There was a little more head than I would have expected on a DIPA, but this factored little into my rating. The aroma was characterized by a big citrus aroma. Mild bready notes were also detectable. In the initial taste, one notices the taste to be very malt forward. There was a certain buttery/creamy quality to the taste as well which also influenced impressions of the texture. As the taste continues, one can note a grassy impression, lemon, and resin. The DIPA only lacks a certain sweetness in keeping it from receiving a really high score. The mouthfeel allows the taste to linger in the mouth nicely. The experience ends in a warm piney finish. Overall, I really enjoyed this one.

I took a growler of this home a fed it to my bear fan friends. Even they appreciated this one.

4/5  rDev 0%