Jet's Baltic Bliss Porter | Lone Tree Brewing Company

Added by Rayek on 04-09-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.59/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

On-tap at the brewery.

A: Jet's arrived in a snifter. It had a small cream cap and a slightly hazy walnut hue. The color wasn't as dark as I expect from this style, but that's a minor niggle. Head retention was OK. Not much lace was left behind.

S: Sweet, earthy and slightly boozy best describes the nose.

T: Although the chalkboard says only 30 IBUs, I'm getting a lot of hop from this beer. The hop flavors are earthy and slightly citrus. They're bolstered by the beer's alcohol flavors. Sweet toffee and molasses flavors round things out. Thee beer finishes warm, with lingering black tea.

M: The body is fairly light for the beer's strength, but heavy enough to keep you sipping. Carbonation feels about right.

O: This is a nice beer, but sits outside the lines of a Baltic Porter in my mind. Overall; however, I'm glad I tried it.

Jet's Baltic Bliss Porter from Lone Tree Brewing Company