Resurrected IPA | 4 Hands Brewing Co.

Resurrected IPAResurrected IPA

100% Mosaic Hopped American IPA

Reviews by NorthSideSean:
4.42/5  rDev +8.3%

4.06/5  rDev -0.5%

Bright shiny yellow gold body, topped by billowing white bubbly foam.

Bursting aroma full of citrus, big oranges at the forefront.

A bit of firm sweet malt at the beginning, quickly engulfed by juicy fruit. Mostly fruit with only a little bitterness lurking below.

Smooth light-medium mouthfeel, not prickly.

An IPA well worth trying.

3.94/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

It's odd with 4 Hands BC - we get distribution here in PA, but it is scattered to the point that I CAN find some in PHL, some in LNC & still others were returnees with me from CHI. I dig the graphics on the CANs & I am anxious to CANduct a horizontal tasting/review of their CANned beers. When it is over, if you know of a CAN of theirs that I missed, let me know. I would also like to take credit for the approved pic that accompanies this entry.

From the CAN: "Please [recycle]; "Pairings[:] Mild Curry[,] Grilled Red Meat".

The Crack! was loud & the CAN was full, so I went with a gentle Glug since that is my new thing. It really did not require much coaxing on my part to raise a dense, foamy finger of eggshell-White head with great retention. Color was Golden-Amber (SRM = > 5, < 7) with NE-quality clarity & so the Gelt Gang of Midas, Croesus & Mammon stopped by for a taste. Nose was a fruity admixture of tropical passion fruit and citrusy orange-grapefruit. My mouth waters unCANtrollably in the presence of such beers! Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was certainly hop-forward with notes of mango, citrus and even some minty pine, but it also had a biscuitiness from the malt that kept it from being too much for a casual drinker. I CAN drink hop tea, but I get that such bitterness is not for everyone. The finish had a black pepper bite along with an orange zest sweet bitterness. Speaking of tea, this really reminded me of Orange Pekoe Black tea. It was really a mellow drink and perfectly timed as this is my second-to-last 4 Hands BC beer horizontal tasting. I'd also like to add Chinese food to its pairings.

4.52/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Great IPA!!! After the first sip, you can taste the backbone of the 4Hands/PDUBS Fish series. Can wait to get my hands on more of this!!

4.5/5  rDev +10.3%

3.86/5  rDev -5.4%

Thanks to joshstl for this one! I didn't feel like buying a six pack, so I'm glad he came through with a single of this. And whoa - this is really a Mosaic bomb, for better or worse. Better because I get lots of grapefruit notes, and worse because sweet onion notes are coming through massively. I can't fault it for being properly dank and hoppy, nor can I fault it for showcasing Mosaic. And because of that, the nose earns a 4. But honestly, I think the nose kind of stinks (handily, this is the least favorite aroma I've ever given a 4 to). The taste is a melange of dank pine, sweet onion, and grapefruit; malts subtly balance it with a nice sugar cookie flavor. It feels full yet lively on the palate, with a touch of lingering sweetness to help quell any excess bitterness. Objectively, this IPA is nailed: it's fairly crisp and light, shows off the hops well, and has enough malt to balance it. Subjectively...well, how many times have I said I don't like Mosaic in various other reviews? More for others!

3.86/5: For others: it's a great IPA. For me: Mosaic hops :(

4.2/5  rDev +2.9%

Vibrant brass orange color with a nice white heads, no lacing. Great balance, reminds me of Sea Hag IPA by New England Brewing Company. Nice tropical nose and solid but not off putting bitterness. Papaya and Mango. Good times.

4.25/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.33/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Another great IPA. Tropical in all the right places. My only criticism is the lack of body/carbonation. Had a while six pack with the same problem. Besides that, I would seek this out!

4.25/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev -8.1%

3.75/5  rDev -8.1%

4.44/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.1/5  rDev +0.5%

4.16/5  rDev +2%

4.75/5  rDev +16.4%

Amazing fruity mosaic nose, nice and drinkable.

4.98/5  rDev +22.1%

Love the tropical fruit aroma / flavors that this beer packs. Smooth and crisp, with no "syrupy" aftertaste that many heavier IPAs have. I love this beer, one of my new favorites.

3.83/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Lighlty balanced for a rye IPA. It is good, but just hints of rye tease you. Great on a fall day!

Resurrected IPA from 4 Hands Brewing Co.