Raise A Ruckus Dark Rye Ale | Birdsong Brewing

Style: Rye Beer

Added by Bung on 01-07-2013

Reviews by Bung:
3.77/5  rDev 0%

Tap at Duckworths Ballantyne. Looks like a glass of root beer. Cola brown, carbonation throughout, but just a wispy thin layer of white on top.

Aroma, molasses and rye, almost smells like pumpernickel bread.

Taste, toasted like malt, lighter molasses and bakers chocolate. The heaviest rye presence I've ever tasted in a rye beer. Finishes peaty/tobacco like. Maybe a little sassafras, but I think I talked my way into that from saying it looked like root beer.

Neary mid bodied, enough carbonation to keep it flowing. It drinks easy, but it is quite different.

Really tries to showcase the rye unlike anything I've ever had. Quite interesting. Not for everyone, but worth a try at least. I dug it. A rye brown ale instead of the tired old rye pale.

Raise A Ruckus Dark Rye Ale from Birdsong Brewing