Brett On The Dance Floor | Fiddlehead Brewing Company

Fiddlehead Brewing Company
Vermont, United States
fiddleheadbrewing.com

Style: American Wild Ale

The first in a new series of periodic "Brett" beers from Fiddlehead Brewing Company. 60 IBU. 5.9% ABV. Brewed with 100% Brettanomyces, a wild strain of yeast that's known for creating funky,wild flavors, this Brett was dry-hopped with citra and simcoe hops and then fermented for 5-6 weeks.

Added by ThatsThatDude on 06-25-2014

Liked:
3.86/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Profchaos20:

2.75/5  rDev -28.8%

3.78/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

3.63/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.52/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This was poured into a tulip. The appearance was a hazy burnt yellow color with a slim finger’s worth of white foamy head. Dissipates within less than thirty seconds and leaves a light stringy lacing. The smell starts off with a sharp tangy to slightly sour lemon and orange rind. Light citrus pulp enters in nicely and adds a decent level of sour. The Brett is there and fairly tame. The taste was sweet to bitter to tangy/sour. A slightly tangy orange juice aftertaste leads to a quick wet citrus finish. On the palate, this one sat about a light to medium on the body with a decent sipping quality about it. Carbonation seemed good for an American Wild Ale and hits my tongue sour to semi-tangy. Overall, though the Brett is tame, I think I liked it more for me. Might have again.

3.77/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.22/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.21/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.84/5  rDev -0.5%

3.62/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.15/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

3.97/5  rDev +2.8%

4.98/5  rDev +29%

On tap and in growler from Fiddlehead.

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%

I was just at the Brewery to pick up a couple of cases of Mastermind they canned. I haven't tasted Mastermind before I tried the their mainstay Fiddlehead IPA and the Brett on the Dance Floor. After I got my case I went back in to get a taste of the Dance Floor. I really couldn't tell much difference between the Dance Floor and the regular IPA. I was expected more flavor from the Brett yeast. The beer wasn't bad. However, it wasn't enough for me to buy a growler after I just bought my 3 cases of Mastermind (very nice beer!!) or to travel the 2.5 hour trip I just did just to get the Brett. The beer was smooth and pleasant though.

4.02/5  rDev +4.1%