Tripel B | Adelbert's Brewery

Adelbert's Brewery
Texas, United States
adelbertsbeer.com

Style: Tripel

This complex, straw-colored ale has clove and pear aromas. A marriage of spicy and fruity flavors help perfectly balance its elegant malt profile. Pair with rich foods like steaks, roasts, earthy cheeses, and cheese cake.

Added by champ103 on 03-09-2012

Liked:
3.87/5
Alströms:

Reviews by BeerEngineer:
4.44/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

General: I received this from the "Rare Beer of the Month" club that my wife gave me for Xmas this year. This one came in first with a beer from Belgium and I figured tonight is as good of a night as any to taste it. I enjoyed this out of a chalice style glass, my wife split the bottle with me thankfully.

Appearance: Straw to light golden color with a slight haze. The head is a light white fluffy thing that has great lacing on the glass. It persists very well also so I'm pretty excited about it already. The cloudiness is probably because of the bottle conditioning, the first glass was crystal clear but even when I left the bottom bit in the the bottle it got cloudier each pour. Understandable and acceptable.

Aroma: There is a nice clove and pear aroma to this. No alcohol smell that I've come to expect with triples but with 9.3% ABV it was surprising. The aroma has pronounced aromas that I really like.

Mouthfeel: This is almost creamy, I know that sounds weird because a triple should never be creamy but this one is and interestingly, it works. There isn't a big alcoholic burn on this one either, it's really unique. The carbonation is moderately high which is appropriate for this style.

Taste: WOW this is a flavor bomb. Big hits of clove and pears and other fruits like bananas. There isn't the alcohol that I have come to expect from this style, I'm really surpassed and happy about that! Even the wife loves this one!

Overall: Great beer, honestly this is a weird triple because of the lack of alcohol burn and aroma but that's ok, it is covered with really nice delicate aromas and flavors. The wife loves it, I love it, if I ever see this again I will be sure to pick up a bottle.

3.92/5  rDev +1.3%

From BeerAdvocate Magazine #91 (Aug 2014):

Sweet, Fruity, Banana, Boozy

A golden, hazy, orange hued beer with a white foam head that yields aromas of yeast and citrus. Creamy on the palate with some viscosity and toasty, banana, sweet, stone fruit, burnt orange, marmalade, herbal, peppery, and pear flavors with a pithy, mild bitterness, green banana skin finish, and fruity and boozy finish. Yeast and more pepper in the long linger. Could use a slightly cleaner finish, but we’ve got a damn solid Tripel here.

STYLE: Tripel | ABV: 9.3% | AVAILABILITY: Rotating

3.25/5  rDev -16%

3.68/5  rDev -4.9%

On tap at the Big Texas Beer Fest.

The beer pours a yellow color with a white head. The aroma has a lot of bread and white notes, with a little bit of yeast thrown in. The flavor is more of the same, with some wheat and grain coming through front and center. There is also a little bit of sweetness from the candy sugar, as well as a little bit of toasted character. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

3.81/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.85/5  rDev -0.5%

4.75/5  rDev +22.7%

2.75/5  rDev -28.9%

3.53/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.95/5  rDev +2.1%

a: light amber, small foamy head that resolves to a fine effervescence with residual off white foam at the edges
s: pleasant esters, strong alcohol, malty/molasses, caramel apple and hint of pasture, wet burlap
t: sweet malty forward, over ripe apple/pear, bubble gum with good hoppy offset to the sweet malts, hint of bret like funk without it being overpowering, and fairly clean finish
m: good effervescence and mouth feel, not syrupy despite its sweet, malty
o: A rather enjoyable beer, good mix of malt, hops and complex flavors, sweeter than the typical tripel, but I rather enjoyed it, and wouldn’t hesitate to buy it on future visits to Texas. I was in Texas on business, and I always enjoy sampling local beers when I travel. This Austin beer produces quite a variety of beers, that I look forward to sampling.

4.67/5  rDev +20.7%