Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Redline | Kinetic Brewing Company

4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

3.5/5  rDev -1.7%

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%

2.72/5  rDev -23.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

On-tap at 38 Degrees in Alhambra, on to the beer:

I'd be hard pressed to call this one a red ale. Its color is more like ruby brown with not much red color spashed into it. Head retention is acceptable, kicks up a little lace around the glass. Its aroma is faint, and when I can get something out of it, it smells like vague fruitiness. Not the case in the taste, where apart from an accent of toasted malts, is a barrage of fruit. Unfortunately, it tastes more like fruit gums that I used to devour 20 years ago than lovely and elegant esters which can make a beer. Lots of red grape flavor. Slight leafy note. Yeah, I'll finish my pour, but I think I'll switch to something else.

Redline from Kinetic Brewing Company