Tsingtao | Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd.

poor
good
Read the review
TsingtaoTsingtao

Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd.
China
tsingtaobeer.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-20-2001

Ratings: 1,722 |  Reviews: 594

Greatest fucking Chinese beer!!!!

4.84/5  rDev +73.5%

4.69/5  rDev +68.1%

I am not sure that I am reviewing the same beer as some of the other reviewers, but here goes...

Visual: Light, clear gold; creamy head that diminishes rather quickly.
Aroma: Nice spicy hop aroma at first, strength fades somewhat quickly, but nice spicy aroma persists. Not the typical pils/light-lager aroma.
Flavor: Initial bitterness with some hops flavor, becomes less bitter in middle, then more in finish, which remains in aftertaste. This beer is exceptionally clean.
Mouthfeel: Carbonation seems appropriate for a pils – a bit of a bite to it, but it doesn't dominate. Not as strong as Birra Moretti, e.g.
Overall: A great balance of hops (aroma, flavor, and bitterness) against maltiness and carbonation. At present this is my favorite pils/light-lager; I would place it in the German Pils category.

4.58/5  rDev +64.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I love This drink. I lived in China and my go to drink was Harbin Snow but being back in the states for about a year now it's hard for me to remember my comparison.
Anyways
Very hard beer, just how I like it. Doesn't need salt but it definitely gives it that extra kick

4.5/5  rDev +61.3%

I've had this twice. In a Japanese restaurant and at the time, I thought it was pretty skunky but the one I'm drinking now is perfect. A perfect amount of skunk but the beer is very mild. Would defiantly get again if I'm at an oriental restaurant.

4.48/5  rDev +60.6%

4.44/5  rDev +59.1%

4.42/5  rDev +58.4%

Keep in mind the taste score of 5 is due to its category and its price, if it was anything else it would soundally fail.

Drinking this straight from the source, or pretty close to it. I do have to say I think it is real funny that most chinese poar your beer into either a wiskey/Old Fashond glass or a High-ball glass. THere is no head, nor any much of anything. But the taste is 40 times better than Budwiser and it has never mad me sick, unlike budwiser. And although I paid a full 90 cents USD for my pint, I have to say it was worth it. This beer is the best Chinese beer that I have incountered; I will post if there is any better local beer. For the price and whithin the catagory, TsingTao (Qing Dao) is the best beer you can get, and I would recan In the US it still beats most American shit y lagers.

4.42/5  rDev +58.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A German lager originally brewed by German colonists in China. Tastes like a German lager.

4.41/5  rDev +58.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Nicer with a Chinese but not as bad as popular opinion.

4.35/5  rDev +55.9%

I got this with a variety pack from World Market. I was surprised by this because I did not have high hopes for it having experienced other chinese beers. But i must say this was very good. Poured a nice golden yellow color with really nice bread like smell. This was a very nice and crisp beer that was very refreshing. I would love to get this all the time. Great to eat with asian food!

If you are comparing this like you should to other Macro lagers, this is by far one of the best.

4.34/5  rDev +55.6%

delicious, easy-to-drink lager that is not arrogant, pretentious, or hangover-on-the-first-sip inducing. This is China's top beer, and realistically, the only good beer coming out of China today. Multiple flavors = red label, green label, more. Tastes better on draft in mainland - the bottles travel ok to America.

4.31/5  rDev +54.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.22/5  rDev +51.3%

Served cold into a room temperature glass at a Chinese buffet restaurant.

Appearance: Golden color, crystal clear, with fluffy white head that dissipates quickly without any lacing.

Nose: Refreshingly hoppy with grassy barley hint.

Taste: Crisp, the slightest maltiness, sweet.

Feel: Light body, solid bittering, clean aftertaste.

Overall: My favorite pilsner. Distinctly crisp, clean, fresh and hoppy, with none of the soapy flavor or yeasty smell of macro lagers. It's a great lunch-time beer. It beats anything else in the category than I can think of, and the bad reviews of this enjoyable beer simply don't make any sense.

4.17/5  rDev +49.5%

This is a good, tasty lager, clean flavourful and with some character.

Golden, slightly on the darkish side, it has a large white head shrinking slowly to a small, lasting ring and it leaves a hint of lace.

The aroma is overall standard for the type but stronger and more characterful than most. It has malty grain with flowery herbal hops.

The taste is grain with a hint of bread and apple, slightly sweet, with definite herbal hoppy bitterness, plus a fairly long, nice aftertaste. It's very clean and has a rather full, warm body.

This is far more tasty and interesting than Tsingtao Pure Draft, so do not get these confused.

Tsingtao from Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd.