Liefmans Fruitesse (Fruitbier) | Brouwerij Liefmans

Liefmans Fruitesse (Fruitbier)Liefmans Fruitesse (Fruitbier)

Brouwerij Liefmans
liefmans.be

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Nickls on 02-24-2010

3.38/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

4.35/5  rDev +30.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I see this beer is not well liked on BA. Well, I loved it. Had it on tap and it was cold and refreshing. Not sour. Looks great and tastes like raspberry candy in a glass. A real treat.

3.89/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.65/5  rDev +39.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

- Smells like BBQ sauce
- Dark pink/red colored
- smells like cherries
- Carbonated
- Sweet but not too sweet
- Tart/Sour
DELICIOUS

4.41/5  rDev +32.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Holy fruit! This beer is overwhelmingly fruity. Poured into a glass it looks like cranberry juice with just a little sparkle. It smells exactly like the raspberries it was made with and overall does not taste like it has any alcohol in it, period. (Could be dangerous). It tastes like sparkling raspberry juice and is extremely easy to drink. I enjoyed it but I do not think I could drink it in large doses.

3.23/5  rDev -3%

Look: cloudy brown/red
Smell: a strong red fruit smell
Taste: very fruity and sweet
Overall: I enjoyed this beer, the sweetness and fruity flavors were refreshing to me

3.4/5  rDev +2.1%

This is not very good. I don't mind sweetness but there is something off with the after taste.

3.74/5  rDev +12.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.83/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Love the Red glow of this beer. Smell is wonderful and fruity. Taste is good, but feels like it's medicine without the actual medicinal ingredients.

3.29/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I picked up a bottle of Liefmans Fruitesse a few weeks ago for $9.99 at The Lager Mill. I've been going out of my way to try more beers from this brewery and since this bottle was the last one that the store had I thought I would take a chance on it, so lets see how it goes. 2010 Vintage. Poured from a green 750ml bottle into a teku.

A- The label looks nice, it's got a clean look to and it has all the fruits that are in this beer on it, I think it's just a little eye catching. It poured a murky brown red color that took more of a ruby and crimson hue when held to the light with almost two fingers worth of fluffy light pink head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and it left some spotty and patchy lacing behind. This is a good looking beer, but I thought the color was a little murky.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness with a huge fruity aroma being the first to show up and when combined with the sweetness it makes for an aroma that is nearly identical to fruit punch, it was a nice mixture of fruity berry aromas with no single fruit sticking out the most. Up next comes a little bit of Belgian yeast with a slight funky yeast aroma to it and there was pretty much no malt aromas. This beer has a pretty good aroma, it's fully of fruity aromas, but it's a little on the sweet side.

T- The taste seems to be similar to the aroma and it starts off with a lower amount of high sweetness with that same big fruity and fruity punch like aspect that I got in the aroma coming through and it has a nice juice like flavor to it. Up next comes just a little bit of tartness with the yeast showing up just a little more than it did in the aroma and there still isn't much of malt aspect. On the finish there some lingering sweetness with a fruit punch like aftertaste. This is a good tasting beer, but the sweetness was almost too much for me.

M- Very smooth, a little refreshing, slightly cloying, a little crisp, medium bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. This beer has a good mouthfeel that works well with it.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and I thought it was a good example of the style, it was just dominated by the fruits that went into it and it made for a great mixed berry flavor and aroma that lived up to what I was expecting from the label. This beer has good drinkability, it's smooth, a little refreshing, slightly cloying, a little crisp, not too filling and the taste did a good job at holding my attention, I think one glass is the perfect amount for me, but I wouldn't rule out drinking a full bottle. what I like the most about this beer was how the berries that were advertised all showed up nicely and worked well with this beer. What I like the least about this beer was the sweetness if was toned down a little with some more funky yeast showing up this would be almost the perfect fruit beer. I would recommend trying this beer if you really like fruit beers and I would for sure buy this one again. All in all I was happy with this beer and I was a little impressed with just how much berry flavor they managed to cram into this beer. It's not a favorite from this brewery, but it is one of the better Belgian fruit beers I've had. Good job guys, this was a tasty beer, keep it up.

2.65/5  rDev -20.4%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

8.5 oz bottle into a small glass, served on the rocks. Holy

Appearance: Pours a clear pink color. The head is a finger high and...uh...pink in shade. Even on the rocks, it has a good texture and retention. A tiny ring of lacing sticks to the glass. For what it is, it looks pretty damn good. (4)

Smell: HOLY SWEET SUGARY CHERRIES, BATMAN. That's really all it is: cherries and sugar. It comes close to verging on cough syrup territory, unfortunately. And that's about it. It is what it is, folks. (2.75)

Taste: Yep. Cherries. Sugar. Slight vanilla cream, and maybe some cough syrup...yeaaaaaaaah. (2.5)

Mouthfeel: Being on the rocks dilutes it some - in other words, it cuts through the sweetness a bit. It also cuts down the carbonation some. I suppose I should be impressed by how big in flavor (read: sweetness) it is for 3.8%... (2.5)

Overall: Well, I can safely say I haven't had anything like this. But take away the "on the rocks" gimmick, though, and it's just another cherry beer - ridiculously sweet and even kind of artificial, yet appealing enough to those who happen to enjoy this style. I won't be returning to it again, though. (2.5)

2.65/5: Not my bag, baby

3.58/5  rDev +7.5%

Had on tap. Too watery

4.09/5  rDev +22.8%

Not sure why folks don't like this beer more. I think it is delightful.

3.68/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

The head of thick, pink, stiff.
Very cherry aroma, but you can also feel the strawberries, raspberries, red fruit yogurt (accent of milk).
Refreshing taste sensational, there are cherries, raspberries, strawberries, acidity like a red currant. Minimum sparkling and very gently sweet, milk is the accent that reminds me a bit of candy Alpenliebe. Very good, maybe not for the winter but it's ok.

3.38/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.42/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.34/5  rDev +0.3%

3.06/5  rDev -8.1%

4.03/5  rDev +21%

Good beer berries although these are not preferred

3.4/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.75/5  rDev -17.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.83/5  rDev +15%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I can't help but appreciate this beer because it is the first beer my fiancee has ever been willing to have more than a sip of. Obviously, she is not a beer drinker, and I don't think that will ever truly change. But since she liked this one, I've been able to get her drinking some lambics. I still hold out hope that she'll find the awesomeness in beer one day. Thanks Liefmans.

3.67/5  rDev +10.2%

Deep cranberry red colour. Quarter inch of pink head that was quickly gone. Good carbonation. Some lacing that slid away.

Strong sweet raspberry aroma.

Tastes of cherries and raspberries. This is quite sweet. Ends with a fruity candy sweetness with a touch of tartness.

Light tart dry feel.

This fruit beer is close to being a cooler. I found it enjoyable but I should have drank it in the summer.

Liefmans Fruitesse (Fruitbier) from Brouwerij Liefmans