Honey, I Love You

From:
Tired Hands Brewing Company

Pennsylvania, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Notes: Wheat Saison brewed with Pennsylvania wildflower honey. Fermented with a blend of yeasts in one of our large oak foudres. Tart and delicate! I think our yeast is very happy...
Reviews: 9 | Ratings: 69
4.38/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a pale straw golden. Some nice lemony tartness on the nose. This is crispy, light, lemony, tart, extremely delicious. It's good along the lines of a [unnamed farmstead brewery who may be in a legal dispute with this brewery]'s saisons. I really enjoyed this. Very crushable.

Tired Hands Brewing Company "Honey, I Love You"
$7/10 oz. @ Kensington Quarters, Philadelphia on 1 June 2018

Notes: Hazy straw gold body beneath a short head of bright white. Average-plus head retention and lacing. Mineralish yeasty aroma with some background fruitiness. The flavor is tartish. The mineralish remains but it's also fruity, citrusy (lemon), sugary, and grainy. Light-medium in body and gently crisp-then-smooth. Dry, somewhat acidic, fruity, and mineralish finish. A simple saison at 5.8%? No, it's more interesting than that but at the same time it's very basic and straightforward. Delicate, refreshing and enjoyable. Perfect for summer.

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

On tap at Fermentaria
Pours a hazy golden straw minimal white head, dissipates slowly
Nose is lemony, some barnyard Funk
Taste follows but more pronounced on both the lemon and the barnyard
Tart and refreshing
Big fan, really good beer

3.94/5  rDev -3%

Back on tap at TH. Pours a clear yellow with a small head. From the tap list: "Notes of white grape, hay, pepper, oak, honeysuckle, guava, and mineral." Tart and enjoyable

4.02/5  rDev -1%

2-18-16 On tap at Blind Tiger on Bleeker in NYC. First Tired Hands I've had outside of the Commonwealth. Served in a tulip, slight white head, somewhat cloudy, as I close my eyes and am reminded of Ardmore as I take my first sip. Great aromas as I down this one. I'm an IPA guy, but this is so refreshing. Blind Tiger has done a great job serving this up.

4.6/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap at Tired Hands Fermentaria in Ardmore, PA.

This one pours a glowing sunny orange, with a small head, and a good amount of lacing.

Smells like tart grapefruit, hay and barnyard, dry honey, and lemon.

This is definitely one of the best honey saisons that I've had. It's got an assertive but soft tartness, with a sharp hay funk, juicy Brett, and some mildly sweet honey. The honey is a killer touch here.

This is medium bodied, with a crisp and juicy mouthfeel, and a normal level of carbonation.

A really good effort here- up there with the best saisons that I've had.

4.46/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Had this on draft at The Fridge in Lancaster, PA. Served in large tulip glass for 7 bucks a pour. Medium yellow bodied beer with 2 fingers of white head. Smells of light tart lemon and grain. Smells bright and clean. Hint of honey in the nose. Taste is similar to nose, nice light tartness and saison grain bill. Light yeast profile that is fruity and slight pepper note. Hint of honey on the backend. Light body beer with moderate carbonation. Very drinkable and crisp, clean, bright beer. Slightly dry body, less than semidry. Overall this is the best tired hands saison that I have to date. Saisons Hands is pretty good too, but this one is excellent. Honey, I love you is extremely reminiscent of HIll Farmstead Anna. Recommended, I would love to drink this again anytime.

4.34/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I really enjoyed this Saison. The honey character was pleasant and there was a really nice tartness that lingered on the finish. I has to say this is another well done saison from Tired Hands and different than most of the others I've had from them.

4.43/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I thought this was much better than the ratings suggest. It's so clean, has a wonderful, lemony tartness to it, and finishes dry. The addition of honey was perfectly subtle. This is one of the better saisons I've had from TH recently.

Honey, I Love You from Tired Hands Brewing Company