Mago Tago | Tired Hands Brewing Company

Tired Hands Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
tiredhands.com

Style: American IPA

Progressively hopped with the all-mighty Simcoe. Conditioned on heaps of fresh mango.

Added by BARFLYB on 03-18-2013

4.2

Sooooo juicy, tons of hops and balanced mango

Arugably top 5 DIPAs ever. Bursting with juicy mango and intense hops that leave you begging for me of this perfectly composed beer. Absolutely perfect, super hazy and dripping with fruit.

This beer is radical.

4.92/5  rDev +17.1%

4.88/5  rDev +16.2%

4.87/5  rDev +16%

4.83/5  rDev +15%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.83/5  rDev +15%

This is my first review, so I wanted to make it a special one. I think this is my favorite Tired Hands beer. It was absolutely delicious. Had on tap at the Brewery in an 8 oz pour.

A: It looks like a faded orange juice. You can't see through it at all. A light head with nice lacing and a little bit of retention.

S: Mango, a little bit of lemon zest, sweetness, and a little bit of hops. The mango smell is the main scent you get. It really smells fantastic. I spent about 30 seconds just sniffing it before I had my first sip.

T: The taste is like the smell. The first thing I tasted was fresh mango flavor, followed by the IPA . There isn't all that much bitterness, but you can tell you're drinking an IPA. Overall, this beer just tastes delicious.

M: Not overly carbonated. Smooth without any kind of burn. I don't get any of the 7.8% in this.

O: My favorite Tired Hands beer. I was lucky enough to get a growler of this and it didn't last more than a day. Its a shame I'll probably never get to have it again. I almost wish this came out in the summer, so I could drink this out on the porch.

4.81/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.81/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Batch 2, which I understand has more mosaic hops than Simcoe. Poured from a 750 swingtop into a Tired Hands taster.

Appearance is cloudy, slight milkiness. Great orange/sunset color. Very little head, and what is there dissolves quickly. No lacing.

Huge nose of tropical fruits and mango, balanced by slight piney hops and a noticeable but mellow malt backbone. Taste follows. Huge flavors of mango, pineapple, slight citrus zest. Quite sweet relative to TH's other IPAs, but in a very pleasant way, although I think maybe there is slightly more residual sugar than intended. Very low carbonation, the mouthfeel is what really gets me with this one. Thick and full, slight creaminess, but still light enough to be refreshing. Lingering mango hops in the finish, with just barely a hint of oxidation (probably from it being a 10-day old growler).

One of the best IPAs/DIPAs I've ever had, maybe THE best.

Mago Tago from Tired Hands Brewing Company