Sit Down Or I'll Sit You Down | Peticolas Brewing Company

Peticolas Brewing Company
Texas, United States
peticolasbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

The intent is to exhibit the fresh and bright character of the hops. We dry hopped it with over a pound of hops per barrel of beer. It's gold in color and the floral ester aroma is high. The hop bitterness is high, but not at all harsh. The hop flavor is high, fresh, and lively. Yet with all of our beers, it's all about balance and this one is no exception. The malt character is fairly high and provides a tremendously full mouthfeel. Finally, the alcohol in this beer is intentionally present (and delicious).

Added by Ranz on 09-15-2013

4.1

Reviews by MattSweatshirt:
4.16/5  rDev +1.5%

Clear darker golden body with a white head that leaves light lacing.

Intoxicatingly sweet citrusy floral nose. Mandarin orange, apricot, peach, and a touch of dankness.

Fairly heavy bitterness and lots if hop flavor coming in orange, grape fruity with that bitterness, apricot, and peach. Some bready malt sneaks in there.

4.63/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I've attended two of the Peticolas Brewing Company events in Dallas, TX, and I had a great time at each one. Their hosts, servers, and staff are extremely approachable and very knowledgeable about the product. I've really enjoyed Great Scott, Velvet Hammer, and Sit Down or I'll Sit You Down as my favorites. I've tried just about everything else they've offered, and I can't say I've ever been disappointed, and considering how picky I am about my beer, that's saying a lot for me.

Mr. Peticolas and his wife are charming, engaging, and have an infectious passion for what they do. While the beer is rock solid, it's all the other little things you learn abut the people that work so hard behind the scenes that makes me want to support this company.

4.22/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very good, solid IIPA.
poured from growler purchased today at Whats on Tap in Highland Village, Tx.
nice golden amber color with frothy head that dissipates kind of quickly. little to no lacing. more or less opaque.
nice hoppy aroma but not as aromatic as I would have liked. not bad at all, but just "good" aroma.
it tastes hoppier than it smells, which is a little odd based on my experience. not bad..just different. it is bitter as the 90 IBU attests but not so much you can't drink it. i like hoppy beers BTW.
10% ABV...it is alcohol-forward, and proud of it. The obvious taste of alcohol works better in this beer than in most. I can't explain why...it just does.
Overall...just a really good solid DIPA. Pretty much everything Peticolas Brewing turns out is really, really good and this is no exception.
Oh yeah...go to the website and find out about the origin of the name of this beer. it will not be what you think!

1.14/5  rDev -72.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

3.5/5  rDev -14.6%

4.52/5  rDev +10.2%

4.5/5  rDev +9.8%

4.27/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.06/5  rDev -1%