Party & Bullshit

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 10 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
rodbeermunch from Nevada

3.4/5  rDev -14.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Had this in 2017, pretty sure it was at the Bruery's anniversary party.

Pours a light chicken gravy mixed with orange juice like appearance, not attractive, but you know how those least coast beers can look sometimes. Thin white head, 1/6" not much for retention, just slinks back to a mere film on top. Mosaic hops are present but not massive, a little bit of dry hopping seems noticeable.

Simcoe hop drops the bitterness taste and mouth feel wise. Didn't get enough Mosaic in the taste profile, makes the claims of tropical fruit notes seem overdone. The body is weak. Just didn't get that nice dry snap I thought Simcoe's bitterness might help with. I dunno, the Mosaic I thought would be top notch, given they're from New Zealand.

I had some of their other beers at Firestone's festival. I can't really understand the long lines for these guys at festivals. They're not bad, just I don't get the hype.

Jul 10, 2020
Tommo from Texas

2.94/5  rDev -25.9%

Can bought in Queenstown at Henrys. How F*($ing dare they call this east coast. I would euthanize the owners for this atrocity of a beer. This is a pale ale with VERY poorly done hop additions with minimal dry hopping and ZERO body (think water). an embarrassment of a beer. I might be less harsh if they called this just another one of their s(*t pale ales

Mar 08, 2018
JBowenGeorgia from Georgia

4.26/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

My first beer from Garage Project and as far as I know my first New Zealand beer as well.
I had to check out the "Explicit Haze Warning" to get an idea of what these guys call hazy. Poured the 14oz can into glass, definitely hazy by my standards, appearance reminds me of some of the Alchemist beers I've had with the fine floaties and cloudiness.
I got more citrusy, pithy hops aromas and taste than the tropical profile the can described but I like both so it was all good.
Good medium carbonation level and a fairly dry finish. I would drink this again and would gladly try some other Garage Project beers.

May 21, 2017
ebin6 from California

4.44/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Most similar to Focal Banger in that it is not hazy, but very sweet and has a lot of chunky, unfiltered stuff at the bottom. I sense that it was the inspiration for this beer. Lots of melon and pineapple on the nose which comes through in the taste. A well made beer, I'd definitely try it again.

May 06, 2017
pkalix from California

4.43/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

very easy to drink tropical and floral IPA attempting to adopt the NE style. it's a great rendition although not as 'hazy' as it portends.... slightly thin but that leads to the drinkability..... overall, a great brew!

Apr 30, 2017