Sour Tea

From:
Night Shift Brewing

Massachusetts, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Sour TeaSour Tea
Notes: A sour interpretation of our original Bee Tea; tangy strong ale with honey and green tea.
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 59
1.17/5  rDev -67.2%

Tastes like a mistake. Strong and immediate odor of spoiled fruit, rotten honey, and sadness. Honestly, this was so out of whack, I felt ripped off when I had my first sip. I bought four bottles of it, ended up pouring one down the drain and giving three away.

3.94/5  rDev +10.4%

Tried aging this one. Pours hazy, orange-brown in color with one inch head. Taste is caramel malt, tea, big honey and moderate sour mix. Nice combination of sweet and sour with light body and medium high carbonation. I will look for this if they brew it again.

2.78/5  rDev -22.1%

-Bottle- I'm guessing that a batch of Night Shift's Bee Tea became infected. From the ashes, Sour Tea is birthed. By the way, I love night Shift's artwork and I think they have the coolest logo in the game. Owlhop! I will preface my review by stating that I have never had Bee Tea before. Back on topic, Sour Tea pours a dark, cloudy orange color. Head is dense and generous with lace. The head is a whipped consistency and it is off-white. Aroma is whacky. Hibiscus, herbal green tea and a pseudo-tart vinegar aroma. Strangely smells like cabbage soaked in malt vinegar. The first sip brings me a bitter, tangy, herbal flavor that really didn't please me. Floral tea with honey and rotten fruit. Fuller bodied. Soft carbonation. The flavor left me with a long facial grimace. Not happy with where my $10 went. They should have euthanized this mutant.

Sour Tea from Night Shift Brewing