Bee Tea | Night Shift Brewing

3.59/5
Alströms:

2.23/5  rDev -37.9%

Batch #6, Bottled 7/10/12;

Poured with a beautiful head: long lasting and nice lacing, but very cloudy/muddy looking. No shaking or stirring, just really muddy.

Smells nice; a bit sour as expected with a wheat beer, bit of floral from citrus and honey and a note of the tea but not much hops, also a touch of bubble gum.

Mostly sour and astringent tastes, not much malt, as you would expect but it lacks the spiciness I was hoping for. Tastes like over brewed tea and citrus pith.

The body and carbo are right on the money.

Drinkable: OK, doesn’t taste as though it is 8.4%, but really not what I was hoping for.

Over all, very disappointed, I was hoping for a spicy and zesty Belgian wheat beer. The flavors seem kind of muddy: distracting from each other rather than complimenting each other.

I remembered the name from an Edible Boston article, I love the local aspect and I love wheat and wit beers. Honey tea wheat ale seemed right up my alley and I was hoping for a special occasion beer. This is not it for me. It could be a poor batch and I will certainly try other beers of theirs but I will not recommend this beer to friends.

Bee Tea from Night Shift Brewing