Two Hearted Ale | Bell's Brewery - Eccentric Café & General Store

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery - Eccentric Café & General Store
bellsbeer.com

Style: American IPA

Brewed with 100% Centennial hops from the Pacific Northwest and named after the Two Hearted River in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, this IPA is bursting with hop aromas ranging from pine to grapefruit from massive hop additions in both the kettle and the fermenter.

Perfectly balanced with a malt backbone and combined with the signature fruity aromas of Bell's house yeast, this beer is remarkably drinkable and well suited for adventures everywhere.

Added by Todd on 12-11-2001

Ratings: 14,997 |  Reviews: 3,694

This is my favorite beer. It was the first IPA I ever loved. I've tried many other great ones since, but this one remains the best for me. There's something about IPAs in general and this one in particular, that reminds me of a bug repellent we used as kids at the beach in Maine (and I mean that in the best possible way). When I smell this and then taste it, I'm taken back to the sounds of summer, the feel of soft white sand on my feet and the ocean breeze on a beautiful summer day, late afternoon.

Served on tap from my draft system into a 16oz pub glass

Light copper,reddish hue,almost clear slight hazieness,very livey looking beer. A very dense,rocky looking head,Sticking to the sides of the glass,looking like chunks of cottage cheese,very retentative,equally as inviting.
The breathtaking aroma super clean,a intense grapefruit aroma,like having a fresh grapefruit ripped apart in frount of your face,also piney and caramelly sweet.
Tasted like a sugar coated grapefruit,crisp and clean,tangy.Carmelly and piney,a perfectly balanced taste. It was so hard to rate the taste,I didn't want to put the glass long enough to jot down the notes
A medium mouthfeel,the perfect cloyingness,a nice inviting prickley feeling on the palate. An unforgetable tongue swelling juicyness making me crave more,more,more.
The more you drink the more you want,the most drinkable IPA I've ever had.The standard of IPA's to me. The draft version of this one seems better than the bottled version. This beer will spend a lot of time on my draft system.
A must try IPA!

Try not to give out all 5"s,but I couldn't do it any other way!

Outstanding. Found it very flavorful and full bodied. Can't wait to have another!

This beer pours a clear golden yellow. It boasts a thick, fluffy, off white head with a slight yellow tint to it. It fades slowly, leaving a thick lacing.

This beer has a very pleasent floral hop aroma. I smell some citrusy hops as well. It smells slightly grassy.

This beer tastes much like it smells. Floral, with some citrusy zest. It has a very subtle sweet caramel flavor as well.

This beer is crisp and refreshing. It goes down very smooth, leaving a floral aftertaste. It is carbonated to perfection.

This beer would probably make a great session beer. The flavor is great, and not aggressive, and it is not too high in alcohol.

Overall: Thanks to Markgugs for generously hooking me up. The last time I had this beer, it was the first IPA that I enjoyed. I can see how it would have started me down the hop road. I love hops now. I rated this beer lower than I know it deserves because of my inexperience. Now I simply love it. My last review will not be deleted though since it was a valid review when I had a different taste.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery - Eccentric Café & General Store