Two Hearted Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Ratings: 14,398 |  Reviews: 3,584
1.25/5  rDev -70.7%

1.25/5  rDev -70.7%

1.3/5  rDev -69.6%

I had one in a variety pack and it was the most ungodly bitter beer i've ever tasted. The first few sips didn't seem bad but i barely wanted to finish it, and i've never not finished a beer because of taste. I don't know, maybe the one i picked up was old and had gone bad, but it was absolute shit. Nothing pleasant about it.

1.38/5  rDev -67.7%

1.54/5  rDev -63.9%

1.76/5  rDev -58.8%

When I first tasted this beer (I purchased a six pack) at Capone's Bottle Shop in Norristown, PA), I believed it was the best IPA that I've ever tasted...Citrus, Hops, etc... Everything that you would expect from a good IPA. Then I purchased a case of it. It was a different story! The citrus bite was replaced by a hint of sourness. Bottle after bottle I tried with the same result. Who knows, maybe I got a bad case. But I'm not willing to shell out another 30 plus dollars to give it a second try.

The question remains: What does the real "Two Hearted Ale" taste like? My first experience or my second?

I even emailed the President of Bell's with no response. Maybe they don't want my expendable beer dollars.

1.81/5  rDev -57.6%

Far too bitter for my tastes

1.83/5  rDev -57.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

appearance-very cloudy amberish color

smell-smells like fresh cut grass

taste-literally tastes like dirt with a bitter after taste

feel-i dont even know

overall-well im sure this is a great ipa but i guess ipas are not for me. this was my first and likely last ipa. i still have 5 to drink and i dont think i can drink them. i dont see why someone wants to drink something that tastses "earthy" or as i would say. like dirt. not good but if oyu like ipas im sure you will love this.

1.91/5  rDev -55.3%

This beer pours a clear gold color with a thin head and no lacing. The aroma is of lemons with faint hints of grapefruit and caramel. The flavor is an odd mix of mild grapefruit, lemons, very sweet malt, and bread. There's a bit of Ginger Ale hiding in the background. As it warms any complexity fades and bitter hops come through. It's mouthfeel is medium. Bells Two Hearted Ale is an ok beer, slightly recommended.

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 92.7% out of 100 with 14,398 ratings