Two Hearted Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

4.27/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 14,395 |  Reviews: 3,584

2.25/5  rDev -47.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.28/5  rDev -46.6%

Bell's makes some great Stouts. Their Oatmeal Stout is amazing, but I haven't been too impressed with their other offerings. I'm going to have to go against the grain here and say that Bell's Two Hearted Ale is just another horribly over hopped American ale. I know it's an IPA and hoppiness is a characteristic of the style, but I just don't think there is enough maltiness and body in this brew to support all the hops. All I can taste is a sickening amount of floral and citrus hops. To me it seems very unbalanced and astringent. In my opinion it certainly doesn't belong in the BA top 50.

2.36/5  rDev -44.7%

A - watered down honey color, tall creamy white head. Better than I expected.

S - typical IPA hops plus some fruit.

T - mild hops but a flavor like a bunch mixed old fruit.

M - medium coating with a good amount of tingle on the sides of the tongue.

D - not my bag but I could see other people liking this.

2.41/5  rDev -43.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2.25

2.45/5  rDev -42.6%

Weird after taste, surprisingly bitter

2.46/5  rDev -42.4%

Henceforth I'm going to call this beer Fishbine. Not because it tastes like fish but because even the fish on the label ain't biii-ne into the hype of the Two Hearted Ale by Bell's. Bell's makes great beer but they also make craft beers and in doing so there are always extremes. Much more brusk than the aftertaste of Oberon, this beer has a citrus bite that rivals the pungent meat of the rind. It literally is rind beer. I know that it is lauded as a summertime delicacy but it is more like drinking the broth of a lemorange peel that sat out in the sun too long and then was chilled. No goodness here.

2.47/5  rDev -42.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

I am not a fan of IPA's. Two Hearted ale is a gold color. The aroma is well balanced with potent smells of wheat and grape.

2.47/5  rDev -42.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

2.48/5  rDev -41.9%

2.48/5  rDev -41.9%

I guess I don't see the hype with this beer. Nothing special about it to be honest. I guess it's because it's harder to come by that it gets a good rating.

2.5/5  rDev -41.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Muched hype surrounding this one. I was really amped up (to ELEVEN) to try this for the first time. Got it. Then the sadness set in: nothing special or outstanding about BTHA. I found it to be very average in all aspects.
Will not avoid but will not go out of my way to get it either.

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 92.7% out of 100 with 14,395 ratings