Two Hearted Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American IPA

Added by Todd on 12-11-2001

Ratings: 14,355 |  Reviews: 3,575
3.59/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Keep hearing about this beer on the forums and figured since I had the oppurtunity to try on I'd go for it. This beer pours a nice amber color with a 1 finger head that retains fairly well.

Smells malty and slightly hopped. Some caramel notes linger as well. Nothing really special but decent.

Tastes sweeter than I would have expected again caramel is the predominent with some citrus undertones. Slightly dry and bitter finish.

Smoth and crisp mouth feel.

All in all I think this maybe a little hyped as it is pretty basic, nothing spectacular. Worth a shot, but I won't be something I buy ofter.

4.27/5  rDev +0.2%

A: Cloudy golden color. A ton of foamy head, but it was a bad pour on my part. Fair amount of carbonation bubbles. Good lacing.

S: Smells like an IPA should - hoppy with a faint pine aroma. I'm picking up a little citrus too.

T: Sweet grapefruit that fades into a hoppy bitterness. I'm getting a little taste of spicy alcohol in the middle.

M: I thought the mouthfeel was medium-light, a little sting on the tongue from the hops.

O: This wasn't as bitter as the IPAs I've been drinking recently, so it was a nice change of pace. A great beer that I could definitely see getting again.

4.25/5  rDev -0.2%

4.62/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.25/5  rDev -0.2%

4.04/5  rDev -5.2%

2.25/5  rDev -47.2%

3.75/5  rDev -12%

4.35/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.44/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.11/5  rDev -3.5%

More malty than I expected the sweetness is balanced well. I'd suspect it is the Three Cs. Not too early either judging by the lower perceived bitterness. Solid IPA even if reasturaunts like to charge too much for it.

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.