Two Hearted Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

4.04/5  rDev -5.4%

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

4.25/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

3.98/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

3.96/5  rDev -7.3%

Full disclosure: I review this as a west coaster. As such, when drinking ipas I always go for the hop bombs. The bigger the better. THA is not that ipa. Coppery color, almost no head. Citrus nose. Malty and bitter. Good balance. Maybe I'm spoiled, living where I do, but I definitely don't feel like this is one of the best ipas in the country. Good though.

3.99/5  rDev -6.6%

4.19/5  rDev -1.9%

Supplied to me by Fugazme. Poured from bottle into pint glass. Vigor is needed to induce head. White froth does stick around a while with some spotty lacing down the glass. The color is a thin hazy gold. The smell is robust predominately citrus and hop. A very pleasant boquet. The taste is quite nice as well. A smooth tangy citrus in front balanced by a nice tart malt in the middle and some dry hop bitterness in the finish. Pretty pleasing actually. This beer screams SESSIONABLE when you sip it. I wish I could get my hands on it more easily I would make this one a mainstay in my cooler. The mouthfeel is a bit weak and somewhat overcarbonated. But oh so drinkable...almost too easy.

I recommend for an everyday quaff if you can find it.

4.27/5  rDev 0%

Poured into a pint glass this beer has a large white frothy head, the body was a cloudy honey. The aroma was immensely hoppy. Taste was good: dominated by hops with some citrus overtones. It had a light sweetness to the taste. It felt a little gummy in my mouth, the resin seemed to let the hoppiness linger in my mouth long after quaffing.

3.96/5  rDev -7.3%

A - Classic IPA coloration of amberish golden

S - Definitely a strong hop citrus

T - Disappointed by the taste in comparison to the nose. Balanced, yet not enough hop presence for me

M - Medium in carbonation and body

D - Definitely sessionable, but as always, probably not on my list of beers to acquire as there are plenty more IPA's I'd rather drink.

3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

4.27/5  rDev 0%

A - Pours a golden/orange color with an off-white head that sticks around for a few minutes. Nice lacing.

S - Very good citrus smell, with some pine. Definite floral scent as well.

T - A very good stock IPA. Much prefer it to Stone and other overtly hoppy aggressive beers. Citrus and lemon flavors, with balanced hops and malts. Refreshingly crisp and clean finish, and great creamy aftertaste.

M - Balanced carbonation and creamy finish.

D - Would make a great session beer if I didn't have to trade for it. Thanks to psunate for sending it all this way!

4.27/5  rDev 0%

This beer is a oldfound glory. I've always known it was solid, but recently realized i like it a lot more than I originally thought.

A - Goldish amber. Thick white foamy head. abundant lacing.

S - Floral and Citrus hops.

T - Floral notes, cirtus fruit, malty backbone.

M - Full bodied. Blanced and smooth. Great palate cleanser.

D - So much flavor and so much fun. I need more of this in my life.

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 4.27 out of 5 with 14,494 ratings