Two Hearted Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American IPA

Added by Todd on 12-11-2001

Ratings: 14,312 |  Reviews: 3,560

4.18/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bright nose, bright taste with piney/sharp hop bitterness, mildly balanced with a minimum amount of maltiness. Very delicious. Drinks very clean and smoothly, no heat. I think this is a fantastic beer, much better than HopSlam for my money. Wish we could get it consistently here in CA!

4.26/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Ahh . . . The classic Two Hearted. I remember when I first got into craft and skipped over this many times because of that stupid fish label. Once I got my knowledge up to a respectable level I ordered this on tap (still not knowing it was the fish beer). Since then it has become one of my standards for the American ipa.

3.75/5  rDev -12%

4.34/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

From a 12 oz bottle to a pint glass.

A: hazy gold with a thin one finger head that breaks quickly but leaves behind some lovely lacing and some islands of foam.

S: sweet malts, malts and piney and citrus hops.

T: wow...very well balanced. All the nose comes through and there is very little bitterness. Maltiness on the tail.

M: medium body and carbonation. This beer is very easy to enjoy.

O: this one had so much hype around it, I wasn't sure what to think. I enjoyed the beer after a tough day at the office, and it turned the day around. It is balanced and enjoyable and just a great example of the style. I will get more.

4.75/5  rDev +11.5%

4.5/5  rDev +5.6%

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.