Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Two Hearted Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Two Hearted AleTwo Hearted Ale

#635

Ratings: 14,464 |  Reviews: 3,592
3.75/5  rDev -12.2%

4.6/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I love this beer, I have loved this beer from the first time I tried it although it put a damper on my LSAT scores the next morning. Which therein lies the problem. Its so tasty you want to keep drinking them, and they are 7.00% which means if you drink a six pack you have really drank way more than a six pack. This was my first real introduction to Bell's and it remains a mainstay in my fridge, and I just so happened to catch this one on sale for the bargain price of $8.99 a sixer. I figured after all these years I would review this pleasuredome of a beer. I mean Coleridge would have surely written about this one had he lived long enough to try it. What doesn't it have. Its a beautiful ale.

The color: A golden ruby color.

The smell: a gorgeous piney sweet nectar, not as much floral and tropical as mountainous and northern.

The taste: Now this is where it gets real. It has a balance like no other, and for the price its a steal. Its lovely, sweet, yet piney and bitter in the perfect kind of way. Its the foundation on which the Hopslam is built upon. Not as strong, but just a great brew all the way around.

3.25/5  rDev -23.9%

3.5/5  rDev -18%

4.77/5  rDev +11.7%

The brew that always goes down smooth, converted my girl to an IPA fan, and never leaves me disappointed. Citrusy, perfectly carbonated, prominent but friendly bitterness derived from the centennial hops, pleasant aroma. It is really tough to come up with any negatives for this one, and tough to stop drinking it as well! Although I am a huge fan of high IBU IPAs and IIPAs now, this is the one that seeded my passion for hoppy brews to begin with. Easily one of my favorites.

4.31/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Pours a dirty yellow/orange color with a 1" head with big foamy bubbles and nice lacing. Smell of coriander and hops. Taste is well balanced with flavors of hops, malts, and spice. Mouthfeel is great, it's smooth and not a huge bitter aftertaste it's just the right amount.

Overall, I don't know why I haven't drank this before. For some reason just been avoiding this one...shame on me. This beer is easy to drink and tastes fantastic.

4.75/5  rDev +11.2%

Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 4.27 out of 5 with 14,464 ratings