Bell's Oberon Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Bell's Oberon AleBell's Oberon Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Availability: Summer

Bell's Oberon is a wheat ale fermented with Bell's signature house ale yeast, mixing a spicy hop character with mildly fruity aromas. The addition of wheat malt lends a smooth mouthfeel, making it a classic summer beer.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-17-2002

Ratings: 6,833 |  Reviews: 1,810

Oberon is a seasonal beer and I had this for the first time. It tastes so good and is on my top list of my favorite beers. I added an orange to the beer after I poured it into a glass. It was delicious! I recommend this beer to anyone who likes a lighter beer and a beer that is not super dark. I am a fan of lighter beer.

I may have a bias for this beer due to the fact I'm from Kalamazoo MI (Bell's headquarters) but Oberon is one of my absolute favorites. There's only a few other beers out there that I enjoy as much as an ice cold Oberon with a fresh orange wedge.

A - Hazy, dull orange. One finger head that fades to some moderate lacing.

S – A very nice grapefruits smell.

T - Very good. Starts off as your typical wheat beer, but then fades to a very nice ripe grapefruit taste that lingers in the aftertaste. Not too complex, but very simple and very good. The flavor doesn't feel added like some, but compliments the rest of the beer very well.

M - Great, not acidic or too sweet, very crisp.

D - High. No alcohol taste to speak of, I could drink these all day.

A great summer brew. Every year I cant weight until the first kegs hit my distributors so I can get one. This is my favorite summer brew and everyone who has tried it loves it. It’s a great hit at summer cook outs.

An absolutely fantastic beer! Perfect for summers! Especially on Mackinac Island! It's like a Blue Moon on steroids! Yummy!

Bell's Oberon Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.