Bell's Kalamazoo Stout | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

good
Read the review
Bell's Kalamazoo StoutBell's Kalamazoo Stout

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Stout

Stout brewed with Brewer's Licorice.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-11-2001

Ratings: 4,329 |  Reviews: 1,582

4.2/5  rDev +4.2%

Thanks to jzmaxson27 for trading me this beer!

A: Dark brown, with no light getting through. Really fluffy tan head with some large bubbles. Really fluffy and inviting. Great lacing.

S: Mostly roasted malts and coffee that's followed by some great chocolate notes.

T: I get tons of coffee, although it's not too acrid. I get a nice rich chocolate as well, like milk chocolate. Really great roasted malt flavors throughout. I get just a tiny bit of hops in the finish. The finish is almost entirely fresh coffee. This is a delicious winter beer.

M: Great prickly carbonation. Body is a little lighter than I'd prefer but the mix of the two make this very drinkable. I could session this beer on a cold winter night... like tonight!

O: This beer is great. Not the best of the style. In my opinion Deschutes Obsidian is more the American Stout for me but this certainly has it's place too. I love the rich roastiness. I've been having so many imperial stouts lately I drink it expecting it to be 10% so it's nice that's it's not and a little more laid back.

3.75/5  rDev -6.9%

4.5/5  rDev +11.7%

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout from Bell's Brewery, Inc.