Hopslam Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Hopslam AleHopslam Ale

Ratings: 13,064 |  Reviews: 3,532

4.25/5  rDev -4.7%

3.5/5  rDev -21.5%

4.89/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I am a fan of IPA's. This one is a DIPA which I have had a few but this one is really good. But from the beers I have had from Bell's this one is no exception. I love the 2 hearted ale and this one builds upon a similar paradigm, its just a bit more adventurous. When I drink Bells it makes me think of Hemingway and this one is no exception it should be like For Whom the Bell Tolls really, when you open it it smells of a pine forest, much like the novel. But it goes into a tropical citrus character. I was getting pine, but also grapefruit and pineapple from the aroma. The color was a nice golden ale typical of the color scheme for this style. The taste was much like the smell a good bit floral from the hops, but not bitter really. I know the label says that it is strong, but I felt it was really well balanced considering the amount of hops and IBU's in a DIPA. This is a great cooler weather beer, perfect for spring or fall, although it will not last that long. It was pricey but was worth it and just be careful the 10% will get you. Enjoy this one if you can find it!

4.25/5  rDev -4.7%

4.96/5  rDev +11.2%

What can I say about this beer that hasn't already been said. Everyone knows it is perfect, wish they made it more often. I paid $22 for a 6 pack but since it is 10% alcohol you can't really complain about the price. I am glad that we were able to find some in my small town. Has a great smell and a big taste, I can't really describe it other than hop heaven

4.75/5  rDev +6.5%

Hopslam Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 95.9% out of 100 with 13,064 ratings