Hopslam Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Hopslam AleHopslam Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by beernbbq on 04-14-2004

Ratings: 13,001 |  Reviews: 3,525

4.09/5  rDev -7.7%

I'd agree with a few other reviews that I have read off the top. This is a well balanced D/I IPA. Problem, every take on an American Double/Imperial IPA calls for a heavy Hop forward brew in smell, taste, and bitterness; none of which apply to this brew.
Tasty, Indeed. But much like Pliny the Elder (to me) it is to well balanced to be a world class D/I IPA.
Disagree ? I'd gladly trade you my 5 pack for two 4's of Gandhi Bot or a couple of 6's of Ithaca Flower Power.
To me this brew is way to balanced to be considered more than an excellent D/I IPA. Cheers

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

4.43/5  rDev 0%

I'm not usually a fan of IPAs but this was definitely an exception. I got this from peabody's fresh collection at only 5 days old!! The color was a nice clear golden/amber and the taste and smell were both very crisp. The extreme hops are refreshing and will "hopslam you right in the teeth".

4.07/5  rDev -8.1%

I don't get it...First year I've tried this phenom. Its a good beer, don't get me wrong, but for the hype I've heard, a real disappointment. solid offering from a top notch brewer, but not an event beer. Talked with several others tonight trying the same tap and got exactly the same response; "Its good, but not as good as last years".

I cant speak to that, but I can say Lagunitas Sucks was my second round.
Good beer, but nothing to write home about. Had some nice citrus flavors up front but got killed by what seemed like an off-the-chart IBU. Just seemed off balance. Like it couldnt decide what to be; a fruity double or straight hop bomb. The middling knocked it from its perch

3.75/5  rDev -15.3%

Hopslam Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.