Hopslam Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Hopslam AleHopslam Ale

4.2

Ratings: 13,136 |  Reviews: 3,537

3.5/5  rDev -21.5%

4.9/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured from bottle that was brewed about 2 prior to drinking , Golden colored beer with small head and light lacing , nice carbonation bubbling through the beer.

The smell is just wonderful , the hops really hit you first, to me its almost fruity with a sweet malty smell in the background , very very nice and fragrant

Very mouthy beer , not overly carbonated and smooth and refreshing

Taste is out of this world to me , the hops really pop at first then a sweetness comes through that stops it just short of being a bitter beer to me. Nice and malty finish and if you let the taste linger ans swish around the alcohol really pops out in the end , but not over powering , very good mix of the three flavors coming together and making the perfect mix

Overall this beer is worth the 17.95 I paid for the 6 pack , I only wish I could get my hand on more of this. I will purchase this by the case if possible and share with friends.

4.5/5  rDev +0.9%

I have been reading about this beer. My first Imperial IPA. I was impressed actually i am In Love..A great Pour, beautiful color, carbonation, and taste. This beer jumps all over your face and leaves you smiling. One was about all you need this beer is a keeper! Can't wait to have my Buddy taste it!

4.04/5  rDev -9.4%

reviewed 14 days after the bottled on date. poured into a NB globe glass.

Caramel/honey color, slightly hazy with thin bubbles rising up to almost zero head.

smell is hops, huge hops! pine, green grass, and citrus

taste is all hops with just a touch of honey right before the swallow. perfect balance.

mouthfeel is unique. it's crispy and smooth, perfectly balanced. absolutely dry just after the swallow, but then you realize a slight coating on the tongue. alcohol warmth in the chest is the only hint of the 10%. *edit: the 10% is also noticeable in the head, after you finish one*

overall, extremely high drink ability, especially considering the ABV. I'm not a huge hop head, but if you are, check this one out!

4.04/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a tulip. Acquired in a trade as an extra from jmich24, thanks bud! Bottled 1/3/13.

A- Pours a hazy golden orange body with a thick frothy head that sticks around for a long time (10 minutes) and reduces to some chunky, bubbly foam. Leaves thick lacing. Perfect for an IPA.

S- Trying to get some notes through this monster head. I get sweet malt, citrus zest, soap, and slight pine. Nothing upfront or impressive.

T- To start I get some slightly sweet malt notes, followed by an orange zest (reminiscent of a witbier) note. Finish is sticky and piney. Leaves a slight bitterness on the tongue.

M- Medium carbonation, medium body. Quite drinkable and smooth.

I was somewhat underwhelmed by this beer. Hopslam did not live up the hype that surrounds it in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's quite a tasty beer and if it was available locally I'd purchase it again, but I will not go through the trouble of seeking it out. Definitely worth a try, but don't over trade or go crazy trying to find it.

4.85/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Pours a hazy copper color with fluffy, off-white head. Not much lacing. Can definitely smell the sweetness from the honey but the smell of piney and citrusy hops quickly takes over. The hop presence in the taste is huge and hits you right away with pine and citrus. The high abv is hidden well by a subtle sweetness that I would guess comes from the honey. the mouthfeel is sweet, sticky and thick.

Overall this is a great IPA that I could see myself getting in trouble with because the alcohol content is hidden very well. I'm already planning on going to get more.

Hopslam Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 4.46 out of 5 with 13,136 ratings