Hopslam Ale | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Hopslam AleHopslam Ale

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by beernbbq on 04-14-2004

Ratings: 13,052 |  Reviews: 3,530

4.5/5  rDev +1.6%

Had my first Hopslam on tap at a BW3's in Troy, OH and fell in love. Have had a case purchased and delivered to me each year after since I can't get it easily in VA. Pours a beautiful orange/gold color with a bit of a haze and a nice fluffy head. Smells wonderful if you're a hop-head. The taste of this stuff really puts it on top of my list of favorites. Taste is super hoppy and citrusy and then the honey sweetness settles into the after-taste. But, remarkably smooth for a big beer. Mouthfeel has a nice cling and coat type feel on the inside of the mouth so the flavor lingers. Easily my favorite DIPA/Imperial IPA and quite possibly my favorite beer.

4.2/5  rDev -5.2%

This is a great beer! Hopped to the MAX. It was recommended to me by one of my beer loving customers who knows I love hoppy, high ABV brews. It is a bit on the pricey side but I have to admit, it is worth it. In fact I recently bought a hoppy homebrew kit to replace my purchase of this fine brew since the local store is now out of stock.
(Bummer is that its only a seasonally spring brew.)
If you like that amazing bitter hops flavor this is your beer too.

4.25/5  rDev -4.1%

4.7/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Purchased a six pack of this beer a few weeks ago and drank four since. Really really nice and smooth. I was surprised that this beer was 10% ABV. Really enjoyed this beer. Citrusy, big, big! HOPS!! Pours a nice golden copper. A had one ice cold, one slightly chilled, and one at room temp. I think this beer is best with a slight chill. Too cold and you lose some of the smooth flavors in this beer. If you can find some, grab a few and enjoy!!!

Hopslam Ale from Bell's Brewery, Inc.