Bell's Java Stout | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Bell's Java StoutBell's Java Stout

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Stout

Java Stout uses a custom blend of coffee beans, roasted locally for us by Water Street Coffee Joint, to generate its intense flavor. Possessing an unmistakable aromatic punch, Java Stout has long been one of our most popular stouts.

Added by kbub6f on 12-11-2001

Ratings: 3,244 |  Reviews: 1,152

4.43/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

The first Bells I've had was the Expedition Stout. I must say, that stout opened my eyes to this brewery, and I haven't been let down since, though I will say, the Expedition is the best thus far.

Look: Very little light can pass through. I just shined a bright flashlight through the opposite side of the glass and it turns only slightly red. A very dark stout.

Smell: Coffee right away. I'm not very sophisticated, so I don't smell much else. Just coffee.

Taste: Coffee. Probably one of the most up front coffee type stouts I've had. There is no mistake this stout is brewed with coffee. You won't think "is this brewed with coffee?" There is no question about it. I'm a big coffee drinker so I am very drawn to coffee stouts.

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied at best. Maybe a little thinner feeling.

Overall: This is a very good stout. I would most definitely drink this again. I may buy it again if I see it. But I likely won't be on the hunt for it.

3.75/5  rDev -5.3%

Bell's Java Stout from Bell's Brewery, Inc.