Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bell's Cherry Stout (Reserve, 2001) | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

3/5
Okay

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by brentk56 on 03-10-2007

Reviews by brentk56:
3.79/5  rDev 0%

Served at the Brickskeller tasting hosted by Larry Bell (3/8/07)

Appearance: Pours a dark coffee color with no head and no lacing

Smell: Coffee and a sour cherry aroma

Taste: Dark chocolate up front followed by a sour cherry flavor; oak elements peak through as it warms as does some chocolate at the very end

Mouthfeel: Thick body and virtually no carbonation

Drinkability: Interesting flavor but the lack of carbonation limits my ability to enjoy it very much

2.21/5  rDev 0%

I'm not sure if I had the reserve version of this, but I know I had the Cherry stout. This stout had a sour taste from the cherrys that I did not enjoy. I've tried but I can't find a flavored beer I like. I'll just stick with the Kalamazo Stout and keep lovin my bitter life.

Bell's Cherry Stout (Reserve, 2001) from Bell's Brewery, Inc.
Beer rating: 3 out of 5 with 2 ratings