Third Coast Beer | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Third Coast BeerThird Coast Beer
3.44/5
Third Coast BeerThird Coast Beer

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Named after our favorite coastline and a tribute to the Great Lakes region, Third Coast Beer is a crisply dry-hopped American Pale Ale. Floral and herbal hop aromas combine with a refreshing bitterness, resulting in a truly quaffable beer.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-01-2002

3.15/5  rDev -8.4%

Let’s start with a complaint: why give this beer the same name as the old ale? I can see this creating a lot of confusion among consumers. To me, Third Coast is Bells’ old ale, and I’d be upset to find this in my glass instead. But anyway...

This was enjoyed in a tiny snifter at Tops.

Golden wheat in color, almost perfectly clear. A thin head of wispy white remains for a while, becoming a thin ring.

Bright, floral, fruity nose. A touch of pear and apple blend perfectly with lilac and orange blossom. Soft and sweet.

Much drier flavor. It’s heavily grainy and bitter, with soft old wheat and apple in the front and an extremely dry finish and major side-of-the-tongue bitterness rounding things out.

Medium body with nice viscosity. High, painful carbonation breaks the brew into large bubbles. Clean though bitter.

This blonde’s very drinkable with a great nose, but it’s a little too bitter for the style. I could use more sweetness.

3.2/5  rDev -7%

Third coast beer

We don't get this here in Boise. I got this a trade so it was a special treat tosee bells in the box.

Look standard golden yellow.
Smell not a lot there. Honestly smells a little like a bud light.
Taste a hoppy light beer that doesn't overwhelm. I saved for aware day. Glad I did
Feel high in co2. Not to bad though
Like it enough. Wouldn't go shopping for it but really glad I had it.

2.06/5  rDev -40.1%

A: Hazy light amber. Like every other beer ever.
S: Little to no smell. The slightest hints of floral.
T: Taste very watery with few flavors. A little bit of hops in there but really nothing to it.
M: Sits like water with a little too much carbonation.

Overall a really poor showing from Bells here. I think I see what they're getting at which is an easy drinking beer for the masses. They have succeeded at this but have sacrificed a lot in the process.

2.75/5  rDev -20.1%

3.09/5  rDev -10.2%

When I was in college at Western, I drank this almost as much as Two Hearted. Its been about 12 years since I've had one!

Translucent golden yellow, with tons of sediment. Nice sticky lacing and a head that lasts. Smells sharp, pungent and bready. Almost meaty? Not much hop character in the nose to speak of. The smell is almost enough to turn you off. The taste is almost the opposite. Slightly sweet, bready and a nice citrus hop bitterness towards the end. As the beer warms, the tastes seem to blend and it gets better. I love when a beer does that. Mouthfeel is light and nicely carbonated. This is a good session beer if you can get past the nose. I think my tastes have changed since college!

3.83/5  rDev +11.3%

A - Murky straw. White head leaves fast to ring. LOTS of cling. Pretty enough beer.

S - Acrid, sharp nose, barn follows it up. Malt a distant feel.

T - Crisp, light and pleasant.

M - Light bodied, good carb, pretty clean finish.

D - Ok, low abv, not a palate killer. I think this could be a nice session.

Third Coast Beer from Bell's Brewery, Inc.