Bell's Batch 10000 | Bell's Brewery, Inc.

Bell's Batch 10000Bell's Batch 10000
3.83/5
Bell's Batch 10000Bell's Batch 10000

Bell's Brewery, Inc.
bellsbeer.com

Style: American Strong Ale

"Strong Brown Ale"

Added by Spica66 on 11-29-2010

A: A dark brown with a tan head
S: Very complex smell. There is a lot going on in this beer. There is a huge malt smell with lots of floral, piny, and citrus hops. I really like the smell the complexity.
T: The taste is huge. When I say huge it is like a brewing party in your mouth and you are not aloud in due to the party being over crowded. This beer is complex and big. Lots of malts, and hops. This beer is everywhere and I love it.
M: Silky mouthfeel
D: I really like this beer's drinkability. It is very complex and it keeps you trying to figure out what you are tasting. I am really curious how this beer is going to age in my cellar.

4.8/5  rDev +25.3%

4.77/5  rDev +24.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I was lucky enough to grab a few of these. Tried one fresh but didn’t take notes.

At this point (1/13) Batch 10k pours a ruddy raisin looking amber-brown with a surprising amount of carbonation, enough for a nice foam topping which dissipates over the course of a few minutes. I’ve seen fresh beers with similar ABV that pour with a fraction of the life on this one.

I find the aroma real enjoyable—it has a complex mélange of stone fruits, raisins and dates, backed by an aged imperial stout-like mellow roast. I’m trying here, folks!

The flavor comes off with a thick plum-raisin-figgy taste. There’s a smoothing heat and a low roast whisper. It’s there but hidden, with an aftertaste that hangs around long after the sip. Basically, I think of it like a B+ Belgian-style quad, minus the overly “Belgian” notes, mixed with those RIS qualities. It’s a clever mix which works for me. Would love to try this barrel-aged but I’m happy with what I got right now.

At the four year mark it still holds up.
This pours a cola coffee color with cocoa foam. The aroma has dark cherries, tobacco, a whisper of smoke. I get chocolate as well, just a dusting of cocoa nibs.
It tastes roasty with dark chocolate and there’s a bit of stone fruit, fig and tobacco leaf on the palate. Nuanced and delicate.

4.75/5  rDev +24%

Bell's Batch 10000 from Bell's Brewery, Inc.