Very Hazy | Tree House Brewing Company

Tree House Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States
treehousebrew.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

A kicked up version of Haze, Very Hazy is a beer that makes us Very Happy! Very Hazy conveys all the beautiful flavors of Haze, but with even greater depth and potency. Pungent grapefruit notes greet your palate while an underlying current of soft tropical fruit dances in the background. Just the right amount of bitterness balances the sweet fruit flavors while a velvety soft mouthfeel make you easily (and dangerously!) forget this one clocks in at 8.6% ABV. A huge and beautiful beer that maintains softness and delicacy - a beer we are very excited about!

Added by ThatsThatDude on 11-22-2014

#12

4.55/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.99/5  rDev +5.5%

4.56/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

One of my favorite TH beers, only got lucky once to get it fresh. As outstanding as it was it is hard to improve on Haze. Stupid drinkable 8.6 what?

4.95/5  rDev +4.7%

2.5/5  rDev -47.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

4.68/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Best beer I've ever had. Period.

During a semi-annual business trip to MA, I acquired two cans of this in March 2017 after a visit to the brewery. At first I thought it was regular haze, I didn't even realize what I had until I got back to my hotel room a couple of hours later. After popping it back in the fridge for 20 minutes, I opened the first can. The aroma immediately punched me in the nose, even though I had only just popped the top, and it was still at arms length. Poured into a small water glass. I was surprised how easy this was to wash down, drinks like a 5% ABV. Amazing fruity aroma and clean finish. I was so blown away by this beer I laid back in the bed and let the experience wash over me. Is this the best beer I've ever had in my life?

Thinking it could just be the incredible freshness (only a few hours in the can) I waited about 2 weeks before opening the second one. Nope, no doubt about it, I've just identified my new favorite beer.

Congratulations, Tree House, you continue to amaze me time after time. Looking forward to my next visit!

4.5/5  rDev -4.9%

4.75/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.79/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

3.87/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Acquired in trade, less than10 days old and shared with 4 other people as part of an IPA tasting.
A: Poured a murky orange, moderate head
S: moultiple citrus notes with grapefruit and orange dominating
T: similar to smell with mulitple tropical notes mostly grapefruit, orange amd a touch of mango
M: light for the 8.6% abv. Drinkably light
O: nowhere near the hype, finished in the lower 3 on evrybodys rankings in the tasting out of 7 DIPA's sampled. Not sure what all the hype is but way overrated

Tasted from can. Pours a murky orange with thick white head. Aroma is tropical fruits with some grapefruit. Extremely well balanced. Excellent tasting that goes down way too easy. Huge tropical fruit flavor with mango, papaya, pineapple and also some tangerine. Incredible imperial IPA.

Fantastic

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

All around amazing. One of the best in the world imo. Perfect balance of bitterness and flavor.

4.76/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.21/5  rDev -11%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75