Very Hazy | Tree House Brewing Company

Tree House Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States
treehousebrew.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

A kicked up version of Haze, Very Hazy is a beer that makes us Very Happy! Very Hazy conveys all the beautiful flavors of Haze, but with even greater depth and potency. Pungent grapefruit notes greet your palate while an underlying current of soft tropical fruit dances in the background. Just the right amount of bitterness balances the sweet fruit flavors while a velvety soft mouthfeel make you easily (and dangerously!) forget this one clocks in at 8.6% ABV. A huge and beautiful beer that maintains softness and delicacy - a beer we are very excited about!

Added by ThatsThatDude on 11-22-2014

#11

Reviews by muzzy:

This is the best beer I've ever had. Absolute perfection. Since we're all incredible beer snobs now, we can still find something to nitpick about a a King Julius or a Very Green, but not this one. It is simply perfect. Mango, pineapple, Guava, dank, turbidity, pillowy, hazy, whatever. Incredible.

Canned 3/23/17.
Reviewed 3/31/17.
Poured into Tree House tulip glass.

A: Very turbid, light golden orange in the glass. A full finger of white/off-white head - somewhat rocky bubbles. Dissipates to a film.

S: Peaches, mango, and orange are leaping out of the glass on this one. At the same time, it smells dank. Haze is missing an explosive aroma like some of the other Tree House beers, but Very Hazy delivers. Maybe a slight hint of bready malt, but hardly noticeable.

T: This is incredible. the flavor really pops in an explosive way. It's that blended fruit smoothie that Tree House is known for. Big mango, peach, orange. The flavor doesn't just explode, but it really shines in your mouth in a way that I have never seen in another IPA. The bitterness is seductively smooth. The dank character that is familiar from Haze. Bready malts are present, but subdued and overshadowed by the dankness. Typical Tree House yeast profile still very present on the back end.

F: This isn't quite Green/Very Green thickness, but I have yet to encounter another IPA that is. It's still medium-plus mouth feel, still pillowy and fluffy. The thing that makes this beer what it is, though, is the carbonation. The carbonation is absolutely perfect. It rolls over the tongue, but still lingers on the inside of the mouth.

O: This is amazing. I was nervous diving into this beer that this beer could not possibly live up to the level of hype that surrounded it. But it did and then some. This is on its own level.

4.73/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Look: orange sherbert, 1inch creamy white head... light orangish yellow, really gorgeous
Smell: orange, Pinaple, mango, peach... it's a tropical fruit cornucopia.
Taste: orange, mango, peach fallowed by a distinct malt backbone... and it keeps going all the way down ur throat... this taste dosnt end
Feel: super smooth, medium body and carbination, velvety smooth, super drinkable.
Overall: this beer was an honest pleasure to drink, smooth, flavorful till the last drop... and 30 min after the last drop it still tasted amazing.

Note: all ratings are done as category specific

4.93/5  rDev +4.2%

Absolutely incredible. No booze presence. Beautiful combination of grapefruit and tropical notes. Mouthfeel is perfect. Not too sweet, soft carbonation. Great juicy aroma. Easily one of the best beers I have ever had

Best beer I've ever had. Period.

During a semi-annual business trip to MA, I acquired two cans of this in March 2017 after a visit to the brewery. At first I thought it was regular haze, I didn't even realize what I had until I got back to my hotel room a couple of hours later. After popping it back in the fridge for 20 minutes, I opened the first can. The aroma immediately punched me in the nose, even though I had only just popped the top, and it was still at arms length. Poured into a small water glass. I was surprised how easy this was to wash down, drinks like a 5% ABV. Amazing fruity aroma and clean finish. I was so blown away by this beer I laid back in the bed and let the experience wash over me. Is this the best beer I've ever had in my life?

Thinking it could just be the incredible freshness (only a few hours in the can) I waited about 2 weeks before opening the second one. Nope, no doubt about it, I've just identified my new favorite beer.

Congratulations, Tree House, you continue to amaze me time after time. Looking forward to my next visit!

4.98/5  rDev +5.3%

16 oz can poured into a Tree House teku. Pours a light peach color with hazy body (ironic, I know). Minimal white head and lots of lacing. The aromas are mind-blowing. The only other beer that has shocked me this much was Juice Machine... aromas of tropical fruits dancing around. The flavors definitely follow suit with peaches, pineapple, tangerines, and other tropical citrus fruits. There is a little bit of dank and minimal malt; the ABV is well hidden with this one! The carbonation is on point and mouthfeel is very creamy. Overall, this is an absolutely phenomenal DIPA from the aromas, to the tastes, to the mouthfeel, to the color, and so on... this is worth seeking out! Super drinkable beer! Cheers!

4.81/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I couldn’t believe people waited in line for Beer from Tree House Brewing, and then I had a delicious glass of Very Hazy. I will soon be waiting in line for my own assortment that will hopefully include some Very Hazy!

4.49/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Can poured into tulip.
Typical treehouse look and smell. Different kinds of fruit, right amount of bitterness.
Like any of the other th i've had, this is good, really good, but definitely not top 25 good.

Look - That signature TH/New England look. Haze for days. Looks like juice in the glass. Beautiful.
Smell - Immediately upon cracking the can you can smell this beer. Explosively juicy aroma. Passion fruit, pineapple, orange, mango, grapefruit.
Taste - Unbelievable. Insanely tropical. Tons of pineapple, orange, mango, grapefruit, citrus rind.

Overall - Quite possibly can be TH's best DIPA yet. Absolutely fantastic.

Tasted from can. Pours a murky orange with thick white head. Aroma is tropical fruits with some grapefruit. Extremely well balanced. Excellent tasting that goes down way too easy. Huge tropical fruit flavor with mango, papaya, pineapple and also some tangerine. Incredible imperial IPA.

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a TH tulip at BTs Smokehouse about 15 minutes after picking up at the brewery. Very Hazy is aptly named, about a finger and a half of big bubbles in the head and beautiful lacing. Aside from the bubbles, looks like orange juice in the glass. Smells like tropical fruit and citrus....quite strongly. Tastes incredible, very hop forward citrusy and tropical. Its balanced with a slight biterness on the back end, no alcohol tasted in this at all....very dangerous at 8.6%, and I mean that in the best way possible. Another wonderful offering from the best brewery I've had the pleasure of visiting.

4.5/5  rDev -4.9%

4.64/5  rDev -1.9%

look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Anything less than a perfect 5 is an insult in my top 5 all time... this beer is what it’s all about

4.59/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.74/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.5/5  rDev -4.9%

Pours super hazy, bright orange-yellow in color, with one inch head. Even by Tree House's high standards, this looks amazing. Taste is sweet peach, nectarine, and orange. Like regular Haze, my previous favorite Tree House brew, but with extra fruit flavor. Heavy bodied, thick, slight bitterness and lots of goodness. May be my favorite Tree House brew. Well worth driving out for. Only my third perfect beer in 2,500 ratings. Cannot see how an imperial IPA can taste any better, but am willing to search for that brew.

4.77/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great juicy beer! The orange and pineapple aromas hit me hard. The mouth feel is full with very little bitterness. A great one from our brewery of choice.

4.89/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

4.64/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Very Hazy from Tree House Brewing Company