Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Tree House Brewing Company
Massachusetts, United States
treehousebrew.com

Style: American IPA

Bursting with 1.6 oz per gallon of American hops, Julius is loaded with notes of passionfruit, mango, and citrus. At 6.8% alcohol, it is refreshing and freakishly drinkable.

Added by Jason on 10-17-2012

#15

Ratings: 3,768 |  Reviews: 593

Can dated 8/18/15. This is my first Julius and I'm already disappointed that I don't have another one to drink after this (yet....). Pours opaque and murky almost like fresh squeezed orange juice. Immediately hit with an intoxicating aroma of oranges and ripe mango or peaches. There is also a pleasant dankness too it. Taste is just a continuation of juicy tropical fruit with a bit of citrus pith and pine aftertaste that lingers. So smooth and drinkable. I've never given a beer a 5 before but I think this deserves it. Too bad I don't have regular access this to this, cause my beer buying choices would be so much more simplified. I wouldn't need to buy anything else I don't think.

I picked up a 6 pack of this at the brewery on 4/25/15.
A: Bright orange, hazy in color with a nice foamy white head.
S: Immediately i'm struck by strong orange notes that subside into some pine, grassy character.
T: The orange is definitely there, but it's not overpowering, has a nice sweet backbone combined with some mild piney hops. Very balanced between the hop kick and the sweetness. Almost no bitterness to it.
M: Extremely smooth, seems almost perfectly balanced. Medium carbonation, creamy finish.
O: Wow, I actually had a dream a few nights ago that I'd land a can of this and I ended up getting 6!!!! I thought i'd never try it. It's exceptionally smooth, balanced, and yet has a nice hoppy kick to it combined with the citrus component. 5's all around!!! This brewery makes me proud to be from Western Mass!!!!

Opened a growler of this with a couple buddies to start. Loved it. Switched to some other beers like focal banger, second fiddle, mastermind, sip of sunshine too name a few. Ended on the Julius and was even better than the first glass. Absolutely perfect beer.

One of the best IPAs I've ever had. I think the only other IPA that I like better is Green IPA, also from Tree House. Everything TH is just SO top notch, I'm not sure how they are not considered the best brewery in USA!

Tropical and citrusy blast in your face. If you have not ever tried this beer, do whatever you can to acquire some because every beer drinker has to try this one! It will become the beer that you will judge every other beer by!

lucious; amazing; juicy and delicious

Julius from Tree House Brewing Company